We're together til the end

Part 2 to Gif Imagine #25!!

"Y-you don't k-know who I am?" Carl said beginning to tear up.

You shook your head softly.

"No."

"I-I'm Carl, y-your boyfriend. W-we've been together almost 2 years. You don't remember any of it?!"

"I'm sorry. No."

"Y/N you've got to try. Please. Try and remember me." Carl begged trying to take hold of your hand. You jerked away.

"You're scaring me." You said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

He looked you in the eyes. And gave you a soft smile. "I'm sorry. I'm just upset. Y/N, I know you don't remember me. I'm going to do everything in my power so you do, okay?!"

"But you have to promise me one thing"

You nodded hesitantly.

"You have to try and remember"

"Okay. I'll try, even though I don't know who you are. I believe you. I will try and remember..."

"Carl. Carl Gallagher" Carl spike absolutely broken that the love of his life, the woman he'd spent the past two years with didn't even remember his name.

"....Carl. Carl Gallagher" You spoke softly with a small smile.

3 months later....

It had been 3 months since you were dismissed from hospital and things were going... well. You were starting to remember your friends, and small things that had happened over the past 5 years but no matter how hard you tried you just couldn't remember Carl.

"I'm sorry, Carl, I just.... I can't remember" You said sadly to the boy sat next to you on the couch.

The two of you were kind of dating. You weren't really sure what your status was. Of course you wanted to be dating him, even if you couldn't remember your past together day by day, hour by hour you were slowly falling in love. Carl too. Although he didn't want to rush you into anything, he didn't want you to feel uncomfortable. He may know everything about you but you were just starting to get to know him.

"It's okay, Y/N. I'll be here with you everyday trying to help you remember." Carl said softly talking Y/N's hand into his.

"Carl..... I don't want you to wait around for me. It's been three months and I still haven't remembered anything!" You said beginning to fall upset.

"I really want too but I just.... can't. Maybe it's best we...I....um... we end this... you can go find someone who you can be happy with." You said softly beginning to cry.

Carl sat forward and turned his body to face you. "No."

"What?" You sniffled looking up at him.

"I'm sorry Y/N but I'm staying with you, You're stuck with me now. We've been through so much these past three months and I'm not giving up now." Carl said grabbed your other hand and holding them both close to his chest.

"And Hey! Even if you don't remember our old memories we can always make new ones. I'm ready for whatever the future throws at us, Y/N
We're together til the end."

Something about that last line We're together til the end made you shiver. Déjà Vu. You were beginning to remember, you closed your eyes thought hard. The lounge room? Wait no, the kitchen? Yes. Home from Juvie. Carl. Carl! The day he came home!

FLASHBACK

"You know Y/N I've been thinking and I... I think maybe we should break up.." Carl said to the girl standing across from him.

"Yeah, no." You chuckled.

"I'm being serious Y/N! I've done some really fucked up stuff and you deserve so much better!" Carl tried to argument but you cut him off.

"Not gonna happen Carl Gallagher. We've been through so much together to just throw it all away now. I hate to break it too you but we are never breaking up. We're together til the end."

END OF FLASHBACK

"Carl... I... I remember! The day you came home from Juvie. We're together til the end. I REMEMBERED!" You yelled excitedly pulling Carl in for a hug.

"I knew it! I knew you would remember" He mumbled into the crook of your neck. The pair of you pulled away.

And that was only the start over the next few months you began remembering quite a few other memories You and Carl shared together. Your first kiss, your first time, your first I love you. Although you may or may not have had to recreate them to remember. You also made some new ones. Your 18th birthday, vacation over spring break. To say the least you and Carl we in this for the long run, no matter what. You two really are together til the end.