Proud

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Today was the day Carl left for military camp. And you were going to miss him like hell. It felt as if he just got back from Juvie and now he was leaving again. There was no telling when he'd be back, it depends on how much progress he makes. It could be weeks or even months!

You sighed before finally finding the energy to get out of bed. You headed over to you're closet and chucked on a casual outfit, a white plain tee shirt and black jeans paired with you're white sneakers. You took you're phone off charge and slipped into into your back pocket.

You headed into the bathroom where you brushed you're hair and teeth then headed downstairs into the kitchen.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" Your'e Mum exclaimed happily. You gave her a small smile.

"Breakfast?" She asked.

You shook you're head. "No thanks, I'm not hungry"

And that was saying something because you were always hungry. She nodded.

"I'm gonna go to see Carl, ya know, before he leaves" You told her.

"Okay Darl, Be back before dark okay?" She smiled.

"Not making any promises" You chuckled before heading out of your house. You headed down the street and to the Gallagher household. Once stepping foot inside you were immediately greeted by the Gallagher family.

"Hey Y/N!" Fiona smiled. "Food?" She asked holding up a plate.

"Not hungry" You mumbled.

"Cmon, you and I both know that's a lie" She smiled placing the food down we're you usually sat.

As much as you hated it she was right by now you actually were starving. You shrugged and headed over to the table, taking a seat you began eating. Not too long after Carl headed down stairs. He smiled as soon as he saw you.

"Hey Babe"

"Hey..." You smiled.

He grabbed his plate of food and took a seat next to you. The two of you ate in complete silence.

"Y/N...." Carl said breaking it.

"Hmm" You hummed in response.

"I know you're upset-"

"Congratulations Carl you realised you're girlfriend is upset that you're leaving her again" You blurted out.

"Y/N..." Carl said sympathetically.

"No, No. It's okay Carl" You said blankly before standing up and taking your plate over to the sink where you began to wash it.

"Can you just hear me out... please" He pleaded following behind me.

I turned around giving him my full attention.

"Go ahead" I replied crossing my arms over my chest.

"The reason I'm going off to military camp is so.. is so I can become a better person. Someone you'll be proud to call you're boyfriend and hopefully one day husband and maybe even father of your child..."

Your mood completely changed. You were taken back by his words.

"....I've done some pretty shitty things in my past, I'm not even gonna try to deny it. But I want to make things right, get my act together, ya know?" He continued.

You nodded.

"Carl..." I said softly with a smile before pulling him into a hug.

"I'm really happy you're doing this, but just know I'll always been proud to call you my boyfriend, no matter what." I smiled.

"Unless you murder someone, that's a deal breaker" You giggled.

Carl let out a chuckle.

"I love you" You smiled.

"I love you too" Carl replied pulling you in for a kiss.