Thermo radiation

"Why do we have to go to him? Of all the people we know... him?"

"Yes Lace, now take those glasses off, you aren't blind."

"Yes I am Scott!"

"He meant permanent. You aren't permanently blind."

"Pshhh. Whatever."

Malia, Scott, and I were all walking on the doc I guess. I could hear the water. And no, my eyes still haven't been able to give me sight. But according to Deaton, it shouldn't be long. They just need a little time to properly develop I guess.

But, from the almost 4 hours that I've been blind, I'm getting quite the hang out it.

"Lacey watch out."

*bam*
"Ow! Fuck.."

Or not... but I am learning from it. Learning to listen to sounds. Of course all of us already have super hearing, and mine has already always been better than everyone else's. But because I'm temporarily blinded, my other senses kinda get more power dedicated to them. So my hearing is mega hearing.
Which is awesome!

"Stop here Lace." Scott said to me. I listened and stopped in my place.

I could hear a stick moving through the air and hitting against the wall of a shipping container. The noise reflected back to us, which is when Scott and Malia were able to hear it.

"Do any of you know what the method I am using is called?" Deucalion asked

Does he think we are dumb?
"Echolocation."

"Lacey, I'm already assuming you know all of this already, leave it to the two un-knowledged."

"Fine."

"I know you all think you'll be able to learn in one day what took me three years to master."

"We were hoping for maybe a few highlights?" Malia shouted back to Deucalion, who I have officially decided is 106 feet away from me, and standing on top of a shipping container.

"Yeah, or anything that can help us fight the Anuk-ite without looking at it." Scott added

"Fighting blind is one thing. You haven't even learned to walk yet. At orientation a nobility specialist has to practice, blindfolded, with a white cane, for at least 120 hours before becoming certified."

Well damn. Deucalion hitting us with the hard facts.
Scott and Malia were getting tense. Nervous. I could smell the doubt coming off of them, but for themselves.

"I can't teach you to walk and fight in less than 24. "

"We know the odds of that. But Gerard's got an army. There's a creature that can scare ordinary people into killing others."

"And a creature who is now capable of killing you with just a look." Deucalion added
"You saw him didn't you?"

"They saw people turned to stone." I said

"So why aren't all of you running for your lives?"

I was taken back.
Did he just ask that?

"Because we don't run." Scott said

"We fight." I said, finishing the statement and feeling mighty confident in myself.