In the light

"Shouldn't all of them be here by now?" I asked, jogging up the stairs as I met Theo and Liam at a corner of the zoo.
This place was actually pretty big, and confusing. There were dozens of tunnels that connected and that were blocked off.
Almost like a giant maze.

"Yeah well he's the one who picked the abandoned zoo." Theo was very clearly annoyed.

"Hey, it's like Mykonos." Liam replied.

"What?"

"Mykonos, its Greek. On the island they built these long twisting, narrow roads that would eventually all meet up with each other. Invaders ended up getting lost inside of it."

I had never said, but I loved it when Liam geeked out, hehe.
I could see Theo giving him a strange yet approving look.
"Not bad." Theo nodded

"Yeah. If they actually show up."
Just as Liam said that, I heard SUV's pulling up on the side of the road.

All three of us went to the railing and looked through the fence.
"I think they just showed up." I said stating the obvious.

"Alright, let's go. We are supposed to be decoys, not target practice." Theo said, turning his back and walking up a small set of stairs. I was following behind but I didn't feel Liam following me. I turned around to see Liam still looking down at more of the guards, along with Monroe and Gerard.

He's too smart... he'd never fall for our plan..

"Hey. Still working on that anger?"

"I'm fine." Liam snapped.

"Well we need to stay alive come on." Theo stepped forward and placed his hand on the back of Liams shoulder, but Liam nudged him off and continued to stare down at Gerard's men.

"Fine. Get caught." Theo huffed. Started to walk away

"Hey!" I called out. Theo didn't walk any further. He simply turned his head to me, then looked down at the floor, waiting for me to join him.
"Liam?..." I said, stepping in front of him. He didn't even want to look at me, he simply nudged my touch away as well and ignored my presence.
"Okay..." I said, walking around him and up the stairs to follow Theo.
Theo looked down at me and gave me a look.

*i told you so..*

I rolled my eyes.

*whatever Theo. Let's just scout the area.*

I thought back to him. Liam was acting different. And I could tell that he was feeling different too. Something was wrong with this place. It was triggering him.

"Theo. This place is-"

"I know... but at the moment he isn't in the mood to talk." He cut me off, continuing to walk down a giant flight of stairs that we just came upon.

"What do you think this place means to him?" I asked, although I want exactly asking him, I was more thinking out loud.

"Can we please not talk about your ex... to your other ex."

Well jeez, that just made me sound like I get around.
"Uhh.. yeah. Sure.." I said.

Theo and I both walked in silence for a little longer, and night I just say, this place definitely was like a maze. I'm not even sure where we were going, we just seemed lost. Every turn led to more stairs, moving up and down.

"Uhhh.. let's turn this way..." Theo said, grabbing my hand and leading me in the opposite direction I had been walking.
His hand was lingering in mine and I wasn't entirely sure if he was aware of it or not.