Exposed to the fear

"So. How was Liam this morning?" I asked Scott. He hasn't left his house since. A ton of people saw him in his werewolf form, and it has him paranoid.

"He's scared. I gave him this Clark Kent pep talk. But hopefully he actually listens." He said.
"Shouldn't you be in school?" He smiles at me. I always love when Scott smiles. It always gives people hope. Hope that something good will happen, or the feeling that everything will be okay.

"Technically, I don't have to. I'm the smartest person in the world. I don't think I have to go to high school anymore."

"Yes, but people don't know how smart you are. So you should be going. Besides, it is easy for you. It's just a way to keep you busy." He said, walking over to the Jeep.

"You mean it's a way to keep me out of trouble."

"Yes. Now go to school." He smiled once more then got into his jeep, driving off to wherever it is that he's going.

"Fine." I mumbled to myself.
Time to go to school.

~~~~~~~

Walking into school felt weird.
All of the stuff that has happened here, and yet no one really knows about it. How is that? I don't understand, I can't. So many things have happened right under their noses. It honestly makes me mad. The trouble that we all have gone through, to save the world. And not even a thank you from them. They just walk on and continue living their lives.
No one is even acknowledging that Brett and Lorie died. All they are talking about was the "beast boy" that they saw that surprisingly looks like Liam Dunbar.
If only they knew..

While I was in thought talking with myself I accidentally bumped into a guy who was walking passed me.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry..." I said, touching his shoulder while I turned around.

I instantly got trapped into a vision. But this one wasn't exactly a vision. It was the kid I touched, Nolan was his name. I couldn't think of his last name at the moment, but in this vision, I am talking to him.

Like, I'm giving him orders and his following them. But I can tell that he's scared, but with bad intentions...

I snapped out of it after a few seconds and looked Nolan in the face.

"No sorry, it was my bad. I wasn't looking where I was going." He said. He didn't seem weird at all, I don't think he caught my little episode just now.

The only weird thing he did was look at me a little too long.
"You are Liam Dunbar's girlfriend right?" He asked. I couldn't see why he was curious.

"Uh, no actually. Not anymore." I smiled. I didn't want to seem rude at all to him, but I couldn't understand why he was wanting to know.

"Oh, I'm sorry?" He asked me

I chuckled slightly
"It's not a bad thing. Liam and I are still really good friends." I said with another smile.
Eventually I got him to grin and me back. It wasn't as bad a conversation as it could have been. It was pretty good.

"Alright well, maybe I will see you later? We could hang out sometime." He said, tightening his backpack strips.

"Uhh, sure. Sounds nice."
We said our goodbyes and walked away from each other, just in time for me to come face to face with Liam.

"Why were you talking to him?" He growled. Literally growled, it was a low one, but still.

"Excuse me, don't you dare growl." I low toned him.
His head dropped instantly as he looked at the floor.

"Sorry, but why are you two talking? He's bad Lacey. Really bad."
I wanted to disagree, but sadly I don't think i could.

"I got a vision of him. But it had already happened. He was taking orders from someone. A-and I got a bad feeling." I had to admit that to him. What was the point of trying to hide it. I've been feeling our connection growing stronger since I came back. Lying to him or keeping a secret is useless, since he'd know right away.

"You need to stay away from him Lace. He's trouble." Liam said to me, his hands raised and rested on both sides of me, making me look at him in the eye. I would normally back away, or look away. But I couldn't.

"Okay." Was all I could say. I couldn't make out any other words.

He simply nodded and started to look around, I could see people walking by us and halting, whispering to themselves. They were scared, of him. Of us...

"Hey." I said, snapping his gaze back to me. I didn't know what I was even doing but before I could realize my hands were holding his face to look at me.
"Shut them out. Everything is going to be okay. But if they see you scared, they will know." I told him.

His hands slowly reached up to cup the back of my hands, and he bent down to lean his forehead against mine. He was warm, he's always been warm.
I could feel his breath on me, and I knew that I should pull away because I'm still with Theo. (I think). But I physically could not bring myself to do it.

His hands were firm against mine. How could I feel safe with such simple touches. And how could he make me forget about Theo in seconds.
And Yet Theo does the same to Liam.

"We should go.." I whispered, my voice was groggy and not ready to speak. Hell I wasn't even ready to leave him.
But i has too.
This couldn't happen, not right now.

We walked into the school side by side and everyone had immediately started to glare at us. As we hurried down the hall we kept our heads down until we arrived at our lockers.

Mason was surprisingly right by the lockers as we arrived.
"Liam, it's good your here." He said walking up, then locked eyes on me.
"Hey Lace!" He said, hurrying over to give me a hug.
"Why are you even in school. You're the smartest person in the world." He chuckled as he let go of me.

"Yeah, I know. But Scott thinks that this is good, and will keep me out of trouble." There was an awkward silence as Liam was obviously listening in on the schools gossip.
I couldn't help but listen too.

Everyone was talking about Liam. Questioning why he came to school, what kind of a monster he was, if he was even human.

And that really pissed me off. I turned my head back into my locker as I could feel my eyes start to turn red. That was all I could see, red.
My fists clamped shut as I tried hard to focus on anything besides the voices, but they wouldn't stop.
The ground started to rumble the school except the spot where the three of us stood.
Everyone else was screaming and grabbing ahold of whatever they could.

I felt a pair of hands softly snake their way around my waist. Hugging me from behind, Liam forced the back of my body to be pushed up against his front as he leaned his head down towards my neck.
"Relax... breath. Just focus on control." His words were soothing and he sent chills down my spine. I almost wriggled right out of his grasp, but i enjoyed it too much.

I listened to what he said and focused on controlling my power, making sure that I didn't destroy the down with an earthquake.
Eventually it all stopped, and I felt comfortable with opening my eyes again.
"What was that all about?" Mason asked

"She's been having trouble controlling her powers lately." Liam answered for me.

"I don't know what it is. Whatever monster we are up against this time must be messing with them." I looked down at my hands and closed them.

"Well, try your best to control it, because everyone is on their heels. But people don't know, everyone is saying that Brett and Lorie died in a car accident. They keep saying it was an accident. They don't know anything."

"They know everything." Of course Corey come baring the bad news.
"I heard that Nolan and his friends are guarding the exits of the school. They are looking for Liam." He finished.

Nolan. Wow.

"Okay uhhh... I think I've got an idea..."

~~~~~~~~