Giving up?

Lydia found me.
Well obviously she knew where I was. But she found me passed out on the bathroom floor, and she almost broke Liams arms trying to get him out of the girls restroom.
She told me that she had to call over Scott and Parrish in order to get him away, she wasn't able to get him herself.

Apparently, freaking out and passing out while there is blood all around you and some on the floor from the cuts of glass, isn't exactly a "chill" thing to think about.
I hadn't even noticed that there were cuts on my hands from when I had broken the sink, but I guess it terrified Lydia to death, seeing me knocked out on the floor with blood oozing around me.
Of course she didn't know that it was only coming from my hands, because at first glance ass you see is a terrifying sight.
Oops.

She had woken me up, which was just a few minutes ago, and given me clothes.
Thankfully some of the officers had hoodies and sweats in their lockers.
The hoodie was a bit too big but who cares. Oversized hoodies are the best, right?

Lydia is just now starting to clean all of the blood off my hands. I had healed by now, so really we just needed to wash everything off.

It really sucks seeing someone dead. I mean, of course in movies, you watch people die all the time. But those are actors. At the time we are watching a scene where someone dies, we are t thinking about that person being an actor, but we know it. So it doesn't phase us.

But seeing someone dead, in person and real. I don't know how people do it.
When that guys head got chopped off by the beast, jack had taken over my body practically right after, then I lost my memory, so I couldn't think about it. It was like, being there but I wasn't almost. I guess you could say it was like watching a movie.

And then with Donovan, and when I accidentally killed him. You can't even imagine how that is, how hard that was to see that metal pole pierced right through his chest. He was just planted on there, staying still while blood seeped down.
It's tragic, you never think anything of it until you are there, in front of a real dead body.

And then that woman, that police officer... she shot herself. I should have reacted sooner, I should have been able to save her.
But I couldn't... I didn't.
And she shot herself, in the head, right in front of me.
With her blood painting me walls behind her, and me along with them.
It's harder than you would think.

I honestly don't know how people do it. Police officers and firefighters. Anyone in any kind of field where they see a dead body.
I don't know how they can do it. Because it's real.
It's not fake, it's not someone acting with red dye on their clothes. It's a real life, just gone.
And it's one of the hardest things there could possibly be.

"Alright, you are all cleaned up." Lydia said, snapping me out of my little self-convo

"Thanks Lyds." I smiled at her, she frowned for a second, then squeezed my shoulder with her hand, then brought me in for a hug.

"I'm so, so sorry Lace. Believe me, I know how hard it can be to find and see someone that way. I just wish you didn't have to go through it too." She said in my ear. I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking in that moment.
But I held onto her, very tightly. And I didn't want to let go of her.
"Okay. We should probably get back out there...." she said to me. Which didn't exactly sound like a great idea. I knew that if I walked out there I would be bombarded with questions from Scott, Parrish, Dad, Theo, Liam so on and so on.

"Are you Okay?"

"Lace talk to me"

"Oh gosh I shouldn't have had you come here."

"I'm so sorry"

My god. The questions were annoying me already.
And yet, when I looked at Lydia, I could tell she understood what I was thinking.