Biology class

"Oh, Liam. Lacey. I wasn't expecting you both to be here today."  Mrs.Finch said as Liam and I walked into biology, taking a table two seats back and planting our stuff on the floor.

"Yeah. Well we can't exactly let our GPA slip just because you let some punks kick our ass now can we?" I asked, showing a smug smile on my face and shooting daggers at her with my eyes.

"Lacey!" Liam whispered

"Excuse me Ms.Stilinski. I will not tolerate such language in my classroom." She said.

Oh so you wanna play it that way...
I stated leaning out of my chair in a slightly upward motion.
"Oh? So you don't want kids to say 'ass' in your classroom but you were perfectly fine with two students repeatedly punching two defenseless students in the face. One of those being me. A guy beating a girl for no valid reason. You'll allow that in your class?"

I didn't even notice myself walking over to where she stood until Liams palm and rough skinned fingers were clinging onto my wrist and his eyes pleading for me not to move any further.
I didn't walk, I simply stood there and watched as Mrs.Finch squirmed in her place as her twisted the chalk pen in her hands. I could see tiny sparkles of sweat appearing on her forehead and chest.
Got you bitch.

"Right, well. Let's begin class shall we." She said, turning around and placing the chalk on the board, begging to draw and prepare a lesson of Punnett squares.
I hate Punnett squares.

"Really, did you have to make a scene already?" Liam leaned over and down, whispering to me.
I was a little shocked by his question

"Really?" I whisper back.
"You are upset with me standing up for myself. For a man beating my face in until I was puking up blood." Maybe I was getting too graphic with the whole deal because Liams eyes started to shift and he was clinging his fists closed, squeezing and shutting his eyes tightly at the memory.

But I kept going.
"And the fact that they were endlessly smashing you with there fists as I was held back and forced to watch you cough up your own blood. Do you have any idea how painful that was for me? Mentally and physically..."

He had opened his eyes now and looked at me with such sorrow, as if he had never even payed attention to the thought. Our eyes met and I couldn't break the stare.
It was constant and secure.
"I-... I didn't know." He said, looking down. Then letting my own head fall to the paper and pencil lying in front of me.
"But that was also painful for me."

Now was my turn to look at him.
"You have no idea what that was like. I am supposed to protect you. I need to protect you, and I couldn't-"

"You didn't have a choice lia-" I tried to intervene

"It doesn't matter." He then cut me off.
His eyes were blinking while he sat there, looking down at his clenched and unfolded but twiddling hands.
"I knew exactly what they wanted to do with you. I could almost read their thoughts about it all. And you don't know how badly I wanted to rip their heads off for even thinking about touching you in that way. And then of course, my feisty little legacy decided to protest, which I wasn't against..-"

My
Feisty
Little
Legacy
...

Let that sink it just a bit....
I think I'm crying..

"Then they began hitting you, which was so much worse, they were causing you pain and I-.. I could feel it." He said, shutting his eyes as the slightest and most single tear rolled down the side of his cheek.

I think my heart just broke.

"A-And I couldn't do anything to save you... I couldn't save you.."