A trip to the clinic

"Deaton??" I shout as I walk into the clinic. It's just as empty as it always is. Which I always wonder about, I've never seen any animals in this place. Ever.
Scott said that he used to intern here and would help some dogs but I still don't believe him. If it weren't for Deaton being so neat, this place would definitely looked abandoned.

"Ahh, Lacey... I've been waiting for you." He smiled, walking into the room and crossing his arms.
Oof. Yeah, I kinda knew that smile was coming. That smile that says oh-well-look-who-finally-decides-to-show-up-I-knew-you-couldn't-avoid-for-long.
Pshh. Of course you know that smile.

"Okay. I know, I haven't been here in a little while and I know that you've been meaning to talk to me and blah blah blah. I'm sorry."
Giving into Deaton was probably one of the easiest things to do. Because he wouldn't even force you into anything. He just has a look that will make you say what you want or do the right thing. His damn stares are just so powerful.

"Yes, but I've been expecting you. Glad you finally decided to show." He smiled, sitting in his chair and crossing his legs.
"Pleased take a seat."
Damn him.

I followed his suggestion and lifted myself on the examination table, letting my feet dangle and move in their weird motions.
"You know this was going to happen. Didn't you?"

Well get straight to the point why don't we.

"I didn't exactly know what exactly was going to happen..." I drifted, twiddling with my fingers and not wanting under any circumstance to meet his gaze.

"You dreamt it, which is why you came back." He said.
Ughhhhhhhhhh.

"Okay, yes. I dreamt it. Sorta." I shrugged. It wasn't weird for me to get weird dreams obviously. This one might just be a little more... weird.

"What exactly happened in your dream Lacey?"

I sighed.
"I was in the town... and everything seemed red. Almost like an aura but you could see it clear as day. Like their was a filter on the entire world. And people we walking through town and they each had weapons. All of them were walking in the same direction. And when I followed them I saw a pile of people. Everyone was dead. Everyone we knew, the pack, my parents and stiles and everyone. They were all piled up in a hill dead. And there was this voice... a voice that kept talking through my dream..."

"What was the voice saying?" Deaton asked me, pushing himself up and sitting forward, seeming a little more interested in the conversation.

"Umm. It was saying ,'you can't run and you can't hide, there is no escape from the fear inside.' " I said.

He took a pause, and used it to stand up and walk around the room.
"Uhhmmm... does that mean something?" I asked.

"Well, not that direct phrase. But you saw the future. Did you happen to see who the voice was?" He asked me

"No. I didn't. It was only the people. Everyone was the worst parts of themselves. They were affected by fear. It created an army."

"He was showing you Lacey..." he whispered under his breath.
"He was showing you what was going to happen. He knew you'd come back. He knew how to make you come back.." he said.

Umm. What the duck?
Don't even think about correcting me on my choice of word. I can say 'duck' if I ducking want too
But I'd never say that in front of Theo. He'd make fun of me for as long as we lived....

"You haven't really had control over some of your powers? Right?" He asked me.

"Umm. Yeah.. kinda.. some have been gone. As in some of my powers aren't even appearing anymore, and then others are getting a little out of control." I said honestly