Chapter 9

★ Chapter 9 ★

"Nervous?", Lance asked has we walked to the room we'd be meeting Louis's father in.

"Yeah, kind of."

"You should be.", Claude glared.

He still wasn't over the fact that I had 'gained an audience' with his grandfather without having to ask. He wouldn't stop making snide comments every chance he got like,"I wish The Rabbit would go back into it's hole." , "Should've left her in a trap.", or "I wonder if her foot would still be so lucky if I chopped it off?" It was scary at first because it sounded like he meant every comment he made,but now I just find it funny.

The mere presence of Louis's father took up the whole room. When you walked into the room your attention was immediately drawn to him. He hadn't even said anything yet and I already respected him. It was like his whole being demanded your respect. He looked like the books described him, a honorable man.

"Look,Rabbit..dust.", Lance snickered beside me.

"Shut up!", I elbowed him while he just smiled.

"Ow!", I whisper yelled holding my elbow.

"Idiot. I don't know why I put up with you."

"You could always take me back."

"Not happening."

"Ah-You must be The Little Rabbit I've been hearing about. Victoria Lancer, am I right?", We all turned to him.

Little!

"Yes.",Claude grunted.

"I wasn't talking to you grandson. I was talking to your young lady."

I'm not his! They need to stop saying that!

Louis's father laughed,"Don't like that do you?"

I nodded and looked at Claude who was glaring at me.

"So", Louis's father turned to his son," Why exactly am I here? Besides meeting this lovely young lady of course."

"Lovely?", Claude scoffed.

Louis's father turned with an angry glare,"Yes,lovely."

"Whatever,I have things to do.", Claude walked out with Lance.

Lance! Why couldn't you have stayed with me, now I'm alone with them!?

"She was reading about you the other day,she seemed to be having trouble."

That is so embarrassing!

He laughed," So, you want me to give The Rabbit a history lesson?"

The Rabbit's right here, jerks!

"Why, not? You like talking about yourself, here's an excuse.", Louis rolled his eyes.

Did he just...?

"Okay.", Louis's father stood up," I know the perfect place. Come along Little Rabbit.", He walked out.

I looked back at Louis,"Are you serious?"

"Don't worry he won't bite", he chuckled,"that's Claude's job. "

I rolled my eyes," That's reassuring. "

It's been almost two weeks since Claude took me and he still hasn't turned me. We haven't talked about it either. He should just return me if he's going to keep me human. What's the point in keeping me? He said that they wanted my blood, so why haven't they taken it?

" At the time no one knew the difference between bad blood and good blood."

Claude said that Bonnie had 'bad blood'.

"What is it?"

"Not everyone should be turned. Some can survive it while others can't. "

"So, the one's with bad blood die?"

I'm glad Bonnie wasn't going to be turned now.

"No, bad blood doesn't kill them. I was just stating that some can't go through the change. Bad blood makes the person a different type of vampire, not like us."

Us?

"Oh, I read that part I think?"

"Yeah, I'm that ,'old dude'.", he laughed.

I looked down," Sorry."

"No, I though it was funny. Especially the drawing of Claude."

Shouldn't he be feeling insulted right now?

"Anyway, those vampires , The Bad Bloods for a lack of a better name, didn't- How do I say this? They don't have control of themselves. They're ruled by anger and thirst. "

Oh, so like normal teenage boys?

"But,how come no one knew about them before?"

"Easy, their blood is repulsive. Just the thought of it makes me want to gag."

I laughed," Then Claude must think of them all the time with that permanent scowl on his face. "

He laughed too,"Probably!"

"If they're so repulsive then how come people changed them?"

"We didn't have the order we have now back then. That's why I started this.", he gestured around the room," So, it wouldn't happen again. Many people had died because of them, but that doesn't mean they have stopped."

"This?"

"I said we had an order."

"Order? Wait- like Underworld? Are you telling me werewolves exist too?"

"Yeah, I guess. Werewolves do exist though and before you ask no we don't use them has slaves."

"So, that's why Claude's always busy. Wait! Are they ugly?"

He smiled," Far from it. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see one."

Louis's father was way cooler than I thought he was going to be. I thought he was going to be mean,but I guess that's Claude's job too. He was actually pretty funny and laid back. He didn't act old either, more like a man in his forties. He could relate. He was officially added to the list of vampires I liked.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

∞READ∞

★VOTE★

∞COMMENT∞

#TeamLouis

#TeamLance

#TeamClaude

#TeamVictoria/Rabbit

#BV (Bryan + Victoria)

#LV (Lance + Victoria)

#CV (Claude + Victoria)