Chapter 3

★Chapter 3★

"Honey are you okay? You've been acting odd lately.",My mum looked at me sympathetically over the table we were sitting at.

"I'm fine. Tired that's all."

"Are you sure? If it's a boy I can get him to stop. ",I tried to make my laugh sound believable.

"No dad it's not a boy."

But, it was and my dad couldn't stop him even if he tried.

Two weeks had passed without a call from Claude Onésime.Before I was nervous ,not knowing if they were real or not, but now I was in complete denial.Maybe, I slipped and hit my head. I could be in a hospital room right now dreaming all of this up.

Vampires are real. There was no doubt that they weren't. Claude called,Claude the VAMPIRE called me.There was still the possibility of this all turning out to be false lurking in the back of my mind. I didn't want to believe that vampires are real. It could have been a prank caller. That was a reasonable explanation,right?

"They haven't called me yet.",Bonnie frowned.

"Don't worry they called me,they will call you. "

"Okay."

Just then coincidentally my phone began to ring. Could they tell we were talking about them?

"Hello,Ms.Lancers."

"It's Victoria."

He chucklled,"Well, Victoria. Meet me at five at The Cave. "

The Cave? Does he really expect me to go off into some cave? Aren't Caves suppose to be dangerous? Well, I guess it wouldn't really matter to him sense he's a vampire. Wait...bats?

"Be sure to make it on time. Goodbye, Ms.Lancers."

What the hell!? He can't order me around!

"You know that Claude guy you like so much is a jerk!He just assumes I'll meet him at some cave. Who the hell would go to a cave to meet someone?"

"Because you will do what he says, if you want to become a vampire.",Bonnie stated putting a hand on her hip.

That's the problem. I didn't want to become a vampire.

"What cave are you talking about anyway? Do we even have caves around here? "

"How am I supposed to know? He just said to meet him at The Cave at five."

"Are you serious right now? Vic, he's not talking about a cave, he's talking about a club."

A club?

"They own it."

Oh duh,Silly me. Why didn't I think of that? What better way to take advantage of people than a club?

"Seriously, Bonnie how was I supposed to know that?"

"Well I did sign the papers. So..."

Obviously.

"But, everyone goes to The Cave anyway. I thought you would already know."

"I don't go clubbing, how would I know?"

The lights were flashing repeatedly and the music was so loud I could barely hear Bonnie beside me.It was ten times worse then a house party,people were literally elbowing to get through. Which actually worked in the favour of the people who were dancing. Other than that The Cave seemed pretty cool.That was until I remembered what I was here for and that the people rubbing up against me were either vampires or vampire food.

"Do you see him?", I shouted at Bonnie, hoping she could hear me.

"Lets just dance, he'll find us. "

How could she be so confident? What if that pisses him off and he decided to kill us instead?

"Uh..Okay? "

Three hours had passed since we first arrived at The cave, needless to say I was definetly passed the point of being buzzed. Bonnie was really good at getting bartenders to give us drinks. It was almost like she had done it before. It made me wonder if she had came here before without me too, she did already know about The Cave. I had already forgotton the reason we were here until the person I was dancing with whispered in my ear.

"You made it on time."

Could it be him? Claude Onésime the guy that changed my views on vampires. The guy that made me come out of my happy ignorent bubble and told me that vampires existed.

"I got some more!",Bonnie yelled, holding two drinks out.

I quickly tried to grab one, but Claude took it and said, "You've had enough. "

"Claude.", Bonnie whispered, with her eyes fixated on him.

"Ah, Bonnie what a pleasure it is to see you again."

Bonnie beamed up at him like he had just handed her a reward.

"I'm sorry to ask this of you, but could you leave us for a bit."

I looked at Bonnie trying to signal to her somehow that I did not want to be left alone with him. What would he do once she left us? Was he going to kill me now? This was a vampire owned club, he could easily get away with it.

"Okay. ",Bonnie smiled, only looking at him.

Oh, thanks Bonnie! Just leave me with a vampire!

"You'll be staying with me tonight."

"No, I'm staying with Bonnie."

What was I doing? He's going to kill me for talking back to him.

"I will return you in the morning, but only for a moment then we will leave.There are some things we need to discuss about your new life. Bonnie will not be joining us anytime soon.Tonight is the last night you will ever be with her. It might be your last night has a human too, if I decide it to be.After tomorrow I will introduce you to the others. Go tell her that you are leaving and meet me up front after."

Bonnie was my best friend.We had know eachother for so long and now was the last time I would ever see her. We had stayed friends despite what others predicted. Now, I was about to live the life she dreamed about. This was her biggest fantasy, the one she wanted above all others. The one I was about to have instead of her. This was her dream not mine. She should be the one going with Claude.

"Bon. "

She was smiling at me. This was the last smile I would see her have and it wasn't even caused by me.

"I have to go with him Bonnie."

"That's okay. I'll see you later."

Tears began to drip down my face, she was so happy.

"Aw, don't cry!"

"You don't get it! Tonight was our last night together Bonnie! "

"Aw, it's okay."

She wrapped her arms around me,giving me her last hug she would ever give.

"They'll call me next and we can be best friends forever!"

I couldn't get myself to tell her the truth. She wouldn't be getting a call. I didn't want her last memory of us together to be filled with tears.I didn't want to ruin her dream, it would break her heart.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

∞READ∞

★VOTE★

∞COMMENT∞

#TeamClaude

#TeamVictoria

#TeamBonnie

#CV (Claude + Victoria)

#CB (Claude + Bonnie)