chapter 17

Just wanted to say thank you for all who are reading, fanning, voting, commenting, etc. I really appreciate all the support :) I also noticed I'm on the hot list right now at 176! That is seriously fricken awesome! AHH I'm so happy!!!! hahaa okay, so thanks and comment.

When I got downstairs I called Renee and told her that I had skipped school because Les was sick. She said that was okay but to make sure not to get to close to him in case it was contagious. I texted Nicole and asked her to take notes for us and I told her I was sorry for ditching her. She texted back saying it was fine and that she would get all our assignments for us. I didn't know what to do after that so I went into the living room and watched T.V. After a while I realized that I should have called Les' dad to tell him that he was sick but I figured that the school would call and tell him that he had stayed home today. If his dad called I would just explain what happened. I went back to watching T.V, not really getting into what I was watching. I eventually turned it off and went to my bag to grab a book to read. I sat there for about two hours until it was twelve in the afternoon. I decided that I should check up on Les and see if he wanted something to eat, because I knew that I was getting a little hungry. I made my way upstairs and cautiously opened Les' door. I poked my head in and saw that he was still sleeping. I debated if I should wake him up to eat or to let him sleep. I tip-toed across the room and put my hand against his head again. It was starting to get warm again and he would need to take more aspirin soon. I gently nudged him to wake him up. It took a few pushes but he finally rolled over and stretched out his arms. He opened his eyes and it took him a few seconds for his eyes to adjust. When he saw me he smile and said, "What time is it?"

I looked over the digital clock and said, "Twelve- o' five."

He nodded and yawned, "Lunch time Nurse Ruth?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, you want more soup or grilled cheese?"

He thought about it for a second. "Can I have both?" He asked like he was a little kid asking permission from his mom.

I hesitated, "Will that be okay on your stomach?"

He waved me off, "Of course. My stomach feels fine. I'm not going to throw up again."

"Are you sure?" I asked not believing him.

"Yeah." He said sitting up.

I blushed and looked away as his covers fell and his chest became exposed.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs making lunch." I mumbled as I walked out of the room.

I went back into the kitchen and started to make the grilled cheese. A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I turned to see Les coming in the room. He had put on a gray t-shirt and black sweat pants, and just when i thought he couldn't get more gorgeous. His hair was all messy on the top of his head but it somehow worked for him. I turned back to the sandwiches so he wouldn't notice my blush.

"Smells good." Les complimented me.

"Thanks. You don't have to eat down here. I'll bring it up to you." I said while putting the finished sandwiches on two plates.

I got another can of Minestrone and poured it into a bowl before putting it into the microwave.

"No, I wanna eat down here with you." Les said.

I turned to see him at the table sitting with his head in his hands. I got two cups and filled one with water and another with Ginger-ale. I put the Ginger-ale down in front of him before I took a sip of my water. He looked up and saw the soda and he picked it up and took a sip.

"Thanks."

"Mhm." I replied as the microwave buzzer went off.

I got his soup and a spoon and put it in front of him. He started to eat it immediatly and I chuckled. I went back to the counter and got our sandwiches and set them on the table. I sat down and began eating. Neither Les or I spoke the whole time. It wasn't awkward, it was actually really...sweet. I smiled as I look up at Les. He had already finished and was waiting for me. I stood up and took all the plates and started to clean them.