chapter 10

Hey thanks for reading! Its another short chapter but I think it's kind of important. I just wanted to take the time to thank my best friend Marissa who made the wonderful cover to this story. Its perfect and I appreciate her taking the time to read my story and creating it for me! Thank YOU MARISSA :D Luv u tons lol

if you want to see more of her artwork go to her DA page, http://bugknight15.deviantart.com/

Check it out, she is amazingly talented :)

The atmosphere was tense around us. I noticed every so often Les and Nate would just glare at each other. I tried to ignore it but it was really getting on my nerves. Since it was my turn to bowl, I got up and took a deep breath. I grabbed my ugly,pink ball and walked slowly to the alley. I was still a little upset that the guys forced me to take the pink bowling ball, just because I was a girl. Well, the joke is on them. I am in second place. I've gotten about four strikes. Gary is in first place because he has five strikes. If I make this strike, we will have a tie. I relaxed my shoulders as I stuck my fingers into the holes and pulled back my arm. I was about to swing my arm forward when I heard someone scream. I dropped the ball in shock, thankfully not on my foot and spun around. I looked around confused and saw Brad and Tucker laughing. My face grew red and I tried to keep myself from going over there and punching Brad in the face.

"Brad! That wasn't funny." I glared at him.

"Really? Because I thought it was hilarious!" He said laughing.

My feet started walking over to him like they had a mind of their own. I knew my face had a look of pure hatred because Brad and Tucker immediatly stopped laughing.

"Okay, okay. Sorry." Brad quickly apologized putting his hands in front of his face.

I grinned and spun around "accidently" hitting him in the face with my arm. I heard him grunt and I laughed with glee.

"Wow. She's a feisty one, isn't she?" I heard Nate ask Les.

Les laughed and answered, "Yeah, she has always been like that. Don't ever get on her bad side...wait, never mind."

"Jealous Weber?" Nate sneered.

"Shut up." Les growled.

I pretended like I didn't hear them and went back to my ball. I couldn't really concentrate because I was thinking of Les. Could he be jealous of Nate? I mean he has been acting weird today. Well, weirder than he usually has been. I felt my stomach flip at the possibility of him being jealous. I was starting to wonder whether he was telling me the truth when he said he only liked me as a friend. Everyone else thought that he liked me too. But I couldn't understand why he would tell me he didn't like me then. I was getting the feeling there was something he wasn't telling me, something that was making his mood all weird lately.

I picked my ball up and put my fingers through again. I swung my arm back, this time blocking out sound so I wouldn't get distracted again. I swiftly swung my arm forward and let go just in time. I watched as the ball flew out of my hand and went directly in the middle of the lane. I gazed at it intensly, silently chanting it to stay in the middle.

"Aww, man. She is going to get another strike!" Tucker complained.

I watched as my ball rolled and rolled until it came up to the pins. I tensed my shoulders as it was about to hit. Bam! The stupid, pink ball hit the middle pin perfectly! It caused all the pins around it to fall, unleashing a chain reaction and the other pins began falling. I jumped up and whooped.

"Steeeeee-rike!" I screamed.

The guys all came up to me and were laughing.

"Good game, Ruth." Gary said shaking m hand.

I smiled at him and said, "Looks like we are going to have to do a re-match. Just you and me next time."

He grinned and nodded. Les came over to me and gave me a fist punch. We all decided that we weren't really hungry. I was suprised that they didn't want food but when I said that they just said, "Hey, we're not pigs all the time."

I just snorted and went to go return my shoes. I gave the lady a sweet smile as I handed my shoes to her. She smiled back.

"I can't tell, which one is your boyfriend? You came here with that blonde guy but hugged the guy with the black hair. I noticed that other guy was putting his arma round you too." She suddenly asked.

I was a bit taken aback at her question. Why was she watching me? And why would she think that any of those guys would be my boyfriend? I smiled a little at the thought of her thinking Les was my boyfriend. I wondered who she thought I would look best with.

"Well, which one do you think would be my boyfriend?" I gave her a grin.

"Hmmm, it seems to me that you really like the guy with the black hair and its obvious he likes you too." she said,

I was jumping up and down inside. She thought that Les liked me too!

"But then I noticed that the blondie was looking at you too. I could see you more with him than the other two dudes." she smiled.

My heart dropped. She thought Nate would be a better match for me? I tried to give her a smile back but it just came out looking like a grimace.

"I'm guessing you two aren't going out. I just think that you would look cute together, the oppositeness you have. He has blonde hair, blue eyes and you have brown hair, brown eyes. The contrast looks adorable." She said.

I really didn't know what to say to that so I shrugged. "Thanks and no, we're not dating. I'm actually not dating any of them."

She looked confused for a second and then smirked. "Yet."

I laughed and said "Sure. I gotta go. Thanks for the input."

"No problem."

I shook my head as I headed back to the guys. Does Nate and Les really like me? Les said he doesn't but I wonder about Nate. Could I date him? I just met him but he is really nice and considerate. Also, very funny. And as I've already pointed out, extremely hot. Maybe a boyfriend is what I need to get over Les. But why do I get the feeling that would be a mistake?

lol i just noticed that for about 4 chapters they have still been at the bowling alley. I promise next chapter the story will move on haha thanks and comment please!