Chapter 36 part 2

Okay, so wicked long chapter for ya. Please read the notes at the end. Muy importante!

Enjoy!!!! :D

Les’ wide grin started to fade as I stood there staring at him not saying anything.

            A frown fixed itself upon his face and I felt bad that I wasn’t as enthusiastic as he was, especially since he probably went through a great deal of trouble to plan this.

            “Uhh, if you don’t want to go, we don’t have to.” He said as he hung his head disappointedly.

            I sighed. I know I said that I wanted to get out of the house but I didn’t mean drive across America.

            “Well, where exactly are we going?” I questioned trying to sound interested.

            “I was thinking we could drive south, to wherever we wanted to go. Or we could go North up to New Hampshire or something. It’s up to you.” He shrugged sitting on my bed.

            I sat down next to him, thinking. Why wouldn’t I want to go? It would get me out of the house and have something to do for the summer. It would get my mind of things and it would give me an opportunity to see more of the country. I couldn’t think of a bad reason except that I was lazy and didn’t want to trek all over the place.

            “Why do you want to go?” I asked Les.

            Maybe his reasons would give me more of an initiative to go.

            “Three reasons,” He counted on his fingers, “One; to get your mind off of everything, to de-stress you. Two; you can bring your camera and take photos.”

            “Ooo, I didn’t even think of that!” I smiled thinking at all the beautiful things that I could capture.

            Les grinned at my growing eagerness, “Yeah, I figured it would be a good opportunity for you and your art.”

            I beamed at the word art. I was creating art. I was becoming an artist…

            “Okay! We’re going!” I shouted, jumping up off the bed.

            Les stood up giving me a big smile, “Awesome! Get packed and we’ll leave a.s.a.p.”

            “Sure, but help me.” I requested.

            “Alrighty. I’m so excited!” He squealed, clapping his hands together.

            “You sounded like a girl.” I snickered.

            Les stuck his tongue out at me and pouted adorably, “I did not.”