chapter 9

We walked up to the guys, they all said hello to me and Nate. Suprisingly, Nate knew most of the guys. They all started talking to each other. Other than Nate and Les, there were four other guys, Brad, Jack, Tucker, and Gary. They were all pretty tall and not that bad looking. All of them had brown hair. I thought it was funny because Nate and Les were both the odd ones out. Les with his black hair and Nate with his blonde. I noticed Les wasn't really speaking to anyone so I slid down the bench to get closer to him. I thought it was going to be hard to be near him, but seeing him upset makes me forget about all my problems and all I want to do is make him feel better. He looked up to see who was next to him and when he saw it was me he gave me a little smile then turned away from me without saying anyhting. I didn't know what to say so I just sat there with him. We were both watching the guys joke around. Brad and Tucker were talking to Nate, I watched him as his face grew a little red. He turned and looked at me and the second he saw that I was watching, he jerked his head back to Tucker. Brad and Tucker were laughing at something and Nate punched Brad in the stomach. I could tell it wasn't hard because all Brad did was laugh. They started to make their way over to Les and I. Brad sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I glared at him and he laughed. I heard Les mutter something but I couldn't catch it. I tried to pull his arm off but he was much stronger than I.

"So, Ruthy. Are you and Nate here a 'thing'?" He asked in a teasing tone.

I glanced over at Nate who was sitting on the other side of the bench. His cheeks were slightly red and he was looking away from me.

"No, we're just friends." I said shrugging off his arm.

"Oh, come on. Tell the truth...Ruth." He laughed at his own stupid joke and I just rolled my eyes.

"I just met the lad....BRAD." I threw back his own joke in his face.

"Haha, good one. But really Nate. You guys are dating right?" He asked turning to him.

He looked up. He smirked and said, "Oh come on babe, just tell them the truth. We have been dating for a while now."

I rolled my eyes and was about to retort when Les jumped up and yelled, "What?!"

I looked at him in shock. I looked around and saw everyone else do the same. I looked back at Les and saw that his eye was twitching. Uh oh. He is pissed. I got up and went to him. I tried to put my arm on him to calm him down but he just pushed it off and glared at me. I took a step back, hurt.

"How could you not tell me? And you told me-" I cut him off not wanting the guys to hear how I confessed my love to him.

"Les, calm down! He was just kidding. We. Are. Not. Dating. Seriously, I just met him yesterday." I yelled at him.

His faced dropped. Instantly he looked regretfull. He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand and down at his feet.

"I'm sorry Ruth. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." He looked at me with apologetic eyes.

I couldn't help but melt under his sincere stare. I sighed and said, "It's okay, I probably would have reacted the same way if you had been keeping something like that a secret from me."

He gave me this weird look, a mixture of guilt and sadness. Before I could question it he grabbed me into a hug and I forgot all about it. I loved his hugs so much. I felt so happy and safe in his arms. Our hug was cut off by Brad and Tucker whistling and clapping. I looked to Les as we pulled away from each other. I saw him roll his eyes but there was a smile tugging on his lips. I grinned at his smile.Then Gary and Jack came over.

"Are we going to play or not?" Gary asked.

The guys cheered and got up, picking their bowling balls. I looked from Les to Nate. Les looked like he was in a slightly better mood while Nate looked depressed. What is with these guys? Are they bi-polar or something?

Hey another short update. I was going to wait til the weekend but I had some spare time. Tell me what your opinions are, tell me what you think is going on and what you think will happen.

Thank you for reading! Comment! :))))