chapter 8

I looked at the clock, it was finally a quarter to six. I hoppedoff my bed and put my shoes on. I quickly looked into the mirror on the back of my door. My dark brown hair hadn't got messed up while i was taking a nap. I smiled at myself, then I felt like an idiot and opened my door. I heard the door-bell ring and I skipped downstairs. I called to Renee that i'd be back later. I grabbed my sister's jacket off the couch and slung it over my shoulder. I went to the door expecting to see Nicole. Instead of Nicole I saw Nate. His blue eyes were looking at me and I felt a little nervous under his gaze. I looked behind him so I could get rid of my blush. I noticed that Nicole was nowhere to be seen. I looked into the drive-way to where Nate's car was and saw that she wasn't in it either. I turned my focus back to Nate and asked, "Where's Nicole?"

"She told me to tell you that she was sorry but she couldn't make it. She had too much homework and she was getting a headache." He said looking away from me.

Okay? Why is he acting weird?

"Alright, I understand the headache thing but why doesnt she just finish her homwork tomorrow?" I asked confused.

"She..uh just wanted to get it out of the way." Nate answered looking unsure.

I gave him a weird look and he just shrugged. Then it hit me. I would have to face Lesalone! Oh no. I cant do that. I was counting on Nicole being there to keep me distracted from him. I started to panic and Nate got this worried expression on his face.

"Ruth...Hey Ruth. Are you alright? You look like you're about to puke."

I took a few seconds before I answered. "Yeah, fine. But Nate? Can you do me a favor?" I gave him a small smile.

He looked back at me with a small smirk and said, "Depends."

"Well, if you're not busy, would you like to come bowling with me?" I gave him a pleading look.

He grinned and said, "Hmm, i dont know. What's in it for me?"

I pretended to ponder about it then said, "Nothing."

He laughed, "Well, that makes me want to go!"

I laughed along and went by him, jogging my way to his car. I got into the passenger seat and buckled up, waiting for Nate to come. I looked back up to my doorway and saw him staring at me shaking his head. I saw him mutter something as he was walking towards the car. I rolled down the window and poked my head out.

"What was that Nate?" I yelled to him.

He smirked and said, "I said, 'What makes her think I said yes to going?''

I waited for him to get into the car before I retaliated. "You said, 'Well, that makes me want to go.' So i figured you were coming."

He laughed at me and said, "Have you ever heard of sarcasm?"

I pretended to be stupid, "Car spasm? No I haven't. What is that? Like when a car stalls?"

He chuckled as he pulled out of the drive-way. "Wow Ruth. You're really weird. Did you know that?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Now you do."

"Thanks for the update."

"Update?"

"Yep."

There was silence for a few seconds. Then Nate asked, "You're not going to explain what that meant?"

"No."

"Oooookay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later we arrived at the Bowling Alley. That's what its called. The owner is really not creative.Nate and I were getting out of the car,he shakes his head and says, "I don't know why I am coming here to pay to play when I have a bowling alley my house."

I laughed, "Oh yeah! You do. Oh well."

We made our way into the alley and I searched through the black lights and disco balls for Les and his friends. I couldn't find him so I went over to the counter to get my shoes and pay. Nate followed behind me as I went up to the girl who was working. She smiled at Nate and I as we told her our shoe sizes. She went in the back to get the shoes and I looked over my shoulder to see if I could find him. I turned around as she came out with the shoes. Sh told us the price and I went to reach in my back pocket to pay my half when Nate grabbed my arm.

"Its okay I got it." He said putting the money on the counter in front of the lady. She grinned at him and took it.

"You didn't need to do that." I scolded him.

He shrugged and pointed over my head. "Hey is that guy over there, the one who is glaring at me Les?"

I swiftly turned around and saw Les' big, brown eyes narrowed and a slight scowl on his lips. What is wrong with him? I bent down and switched my shoes quickly before bouncing my way to him. He still looked mad and I had to keep myself from running away. God, he looked so hot when he got angry. I sighed and grabbed him into a hug. His arms were stiff with anger but as I buried myself closer to him he relaxedd a little. I backed away from him and saw his friends gathered around the last alley. I looked back up at Les. His hair was hiding his eyes so I pushed it away. I saw the fury in his eyes and poked him in the chest.

"Hey, What's wrong?" I whispered in his ear.

It took him a few seconds for him to look at me. When he did his expression changed to a frown.

"Nothing. So, who is that guy?" He asked pointing behind me.

I turned around and saw Nate walking up to us with a smirk on his face. I turned back around and answered him. "That's Nicole's brother Nate. Nicole couldn't make it so I asked him if he wanted to come. That's okay, right?"

I gave him a look to tell him that he better say it was okay.

Les gritted his teeth as he mumbled, "Fine."

Just then Nate walked up to us and put his arm around my shoulder. I felt my face heat up as I looked up at him. He was full on smiling now. He put his hand out in front of himself. "Hey, You must be Les. I'm Nate."

Les looked at Nate with disgust then hestitently shook his hand. He quickly pulled his hand back as he glared at Nate's arm on my shoulder. There were a few awkward seconds before I interrupted, "So, are we gonna just stand here or are we going to play?"

They didn't answer me, they just started walking to walk down the alley. I wondered what was up with that. It almost seemed like Les was jealous. No, that couldnt be. He said he only like me as a friend. He was just probably worried about me. But the hope that he was jealous made me a little giddy. Maybe, he just realized that he did like me?! As much as I wanted that to be, I knew I couldn't get my hopes up.

Hey, i felt like posting tonight, i'll probably post again tomorrow since this was short. So what do you think is going on with Les?And what do you think about Nate? I have this story pretty much planned as to what I want to happen I just need to fill the details. Thanks for reading! Comment.

Oh yeah, sorry for mistakes, the thing is being weird anytime I wanna go fix something it erases the next letter and I have re-write the whole sentence, it annoys me :|

So i kept it mushed together, sorry