Chapter 31(part 1)

So this is just the first part, its not the whole chapter. I felt that I was taking too long so I wanted to give you something to chew on. I will  be writing the rest of the chapter as soon as I can, then getting it out. Sorry for taking so long. I've been having writer's block and I am really bad with procrastination. I'm working on it though! Enjoy, vote, comment :)

*Sorry for errors, I edited quickly

Butterflies instantly swarmed my stomach as his warm lips met mine. Not even a second later, Nate put his hand on my back and pulled me closer to him. We were so close that I could feel his heart beat through his chest. And amazingly, it's about as sporadic as mine.

            I wrapped my arms around his neck and lean in closer, deepening the kiss. My face began to heat up and I knew that it was only a matter of time before I lost my nerve and pulled away. As I thought that, I became insanely terrified and I pulled back. I left my eyes closed, afraid of what would happen if I opened them. There was silence for a few seconds before I felt Nate's hand on my cheek. I had no clue what to say or do, so the only thing I do is bite my lip and wait for him to say something.

            The warm tickling of his breath on my face told me that he still leaning into me.

            "Ruth," he says my name quietly.

            I slowly opened my eyes to see Nate's face inches away and his blue eyes intensely staring into mine. My heart skipped a beat at the small smile that was on his lips and my cheeks burned from nervousness and embarrassment.

            Nate chuckled and I gave him a confused and scared look. My mind started to race and jump to conclusions. Why is he laughing? Am I a bad kisser? Did he just kiss me to tease me?

            As if he was reading my mind, Nate smirks and says, "There you go blushing again. Why do you always blush around me, huh?"

            "Shut up," I mumbled looking away from him.

            He leaned even closer to me, resting his forehead on mine. I had to force myself to keep breathing.

            "Oh, I know. It's because you like me." Nate said as if he just realized something that was so obvious that he couldn't believe he didn't see it earlier.

            I turned my head back to I could look him square in the eyes. He was staring back, waiting for my answer.

            When I didn't say anything his smirk grew, "Aren't you going to deny it?"

            "No."

            "Why not?"

            "Because, that would be a lie." I answered, hoping that he would not start laughing.

            His smirk fell into a soft smile and he tilted his head up to give me a quick, sweet kiss on the lips.

            "Good, because I like you too."

            Nate and I spent the next few hours watching TV in his room until we heard the front door close rather loudly. Getting up, we let go of each other's hand and let them lay limply beside our bodies. We smiled at each other before going downstairs to see if Nicole was back from her date with Holden.

            I followed close behind Nate as we walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Instead of finding Nicole, we saw their mom taking out a package of rice cakes and getting a drink of water. When she turned to us, her made up face was expressionless as she stared at Nate then dragged her eyes to me for a second before focusing back to Nate.