Chapter 33 part 1

I am SO sorry for the wait. Things came up and then wattpad crashed but here is the first part of the next chapter. It wasn't originally going to be two parts but I didn't want you to wait anymore. I will post the second part tomorrow as I am still working on it, I just wanted to give you something now. Please if you could point out any errors or things that confuse you. Thank you :) Vote, comment, like.

“Hey Les, you busy today?” I asked when he answered his phone.

            “No, why? You want to hang out?” Les guessed.

            “Yeah. I figured you could come with me while I go take those pictures for Bethany.” I said hopefully.

            “Sure. When do you want to go?” He agreed happily.

            “Is now good?”

            “Yup. I’ll pick you up in fifteen minutes.”

            “Okay. Bye”

            “Bye.”

~~

            “Where are you going?” Renee asked me as I came down the stairs two minutes later.

            “Les and I are going down to Wampanoag.” I said slinging the camera bag over my shoulder.

            “Oh-Wait. What? I thought you were taking a break from Les?” She asked confused.

            “Yeah, well, the circumstances have changed. I thought I told you about it.” As much as I could anyway…

            “No, but why are you going down there anyway? It’s a little cold to go on a hike.” She inquired.

            “I’m doing something for Bethany. She doesn’t have time to go take pictures so she asked me to do it for her.” I explained.

            Renee gave me a confused look, “Uh, I don’t understand.”

            I frowned at her, “What’s there not to understand?”

            “Well, photography is her job right?” She questioned.

            I nodded slowly, “Yeah…”

            “And you said she was busy.” Renee continued.

            Not knowing where she was going with this I affirmed her statement.

            “So what would cause her to be busy and not be able to do her job? Didn’t her clients book her because they liked her photography, not yours? You’re not even experienced. What happens if the photos turn out crappy? What is she going to do? She won’t be able to sell them.” She ranted, every other word from her mouth spilling out faster.

            I gaped at her, slightly hurt and confused, “What are you saying…?”

            Renee sighed loudly and ran her fingers through her long, black hair, “What I am saying is, why is she putting her work on you? Is she truly busy and need help or does she have an ulterior motive?”

            I didn’t like what she was saying but she did make a point. Photography was Bethany’s job. How could she be busy and not be able to do her job? I didn’t know the reason but I had confidence that the reason wasn’t that she was using me. I trusted Bethany completely.