Chapter 18

Wordcount: + 3,7k

Warnings: some swearing

............

Today's the long awaited day. The day of the Oscars.

Rami has been tossing and turning all night and I have to admit I haven't slept the best myself either last night

Rami has been tossing and turning all night and I have to admit I haven't slept the best myself either last night. It's about 8AM now and we're both wide awake, but not really ready to get up just yet. We still have 6 hours left before our stylists will be her, so we just stay in bed for another moment and cuddle.

''You excited baby?'' Rami asks as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer. I lay my head on my chest and as I lovingly draw circles on his chest with my finger, he strokes my hair. ''I should ask you that- you will be the start of the night'' I lift up my head from his chest and smile at him. ''Let's not push our luck just yet'' he says. He really is someone to believe in superstition and so am I, so he waves the topic away fast. He gently places a kiss on my hair. He's visibly nervous and even though I know it's best to not talk it about much and make him even more nervous, I try make him feel a bit better, ''you will be my champion, no matter what''. I give him a sweet kiss on his jaw, because that's as high as I can reach. ''I'm hopping in and out the shower real quick. You joining?'' I ask. ''Do you even need to ask?'' he grins. He never passes on an opportunity to shower together, even though is shower is barely big enough for the two of us.

After showering Rami makes us some breakfast while I'm enjoying a cup of tea on the couch and catch up on my favorite serie, Riverdale. Ugh, I really don't feel well. I hope I'm not getting sick. Not on a day like this.

''Baby you alright?'' Rami asks from the kitchen with a worried look on his face. I wonder why he thinks I'm not. ''You look really pale''. I nod, trying to suppress my nauseous feeling ''yea I'm fi-'' suddenly I can feel my nausea getting worse and before even finishing my sentence I run off to the bathroom, Rami chasing me. I barely made it to the toilet and throw up. Rami sits on the side of the tub, holding my hair back and gently rubbing my back. Way too go with pushing my luck by saying I'm fine.

''Baby if you're not feeling right you can just stay home tonight'' he suggests. I can hear disappointment in his voice. ''No baby I'm coming. I'll just take a paracetamol and lay down for a bit''. It will make me feel better, I'm sure. I hope. He helps me to get up and leads me to the couch. When he comes back with a blanket he crawls next to me ''that's not a bad idea. I'm gonna need a bit more sleep too'' he laughs. I lay my head on his chest and before we know it we drift into a deep sleep.

When I wake up with a start, I immediately realize we haven't put on a alarm. FUCK. What time is it?! Have we overslept? Oh God please tell me we aren't missing the ceremony. With my heart pounding in my chest, I sit up straight fast. I'm really relieved to see it's only 1.21 PM. Oef. Thank you God. We still have more than half an hour.