Chapter 14

Wordcount: +4,1k
Warnings: swearing, depression
........

At the moment the doctor wants to tell me what the ultrasound says, someone knocks on the door. ''Amy please let me in I can't take the wait anymore''. The voice on the other side of the door, sends a shiver down my spine.. It's Rami.
Gwil looks at me with a somewhat 'caught' look, waiting to see what I'll do next. I know he wants to know the results but instead he says '' I'll go talk to him''. I open my mouth, wanting to tell him to please don't mention anything about it, but before I can get a word out of my mouth he smiles at me. ''Don't worry - I won't tell him''. He gives me a kiss on my forehead and walks out the door.

******************

Rami's POV

I can't stop pacing around in front of the door, waiting for someone to open it or answer me. After a few moments I hear the doorknob and the door opens. With my gaze focused on the crack that gets bigger I'm expectantly waiting for who'll show up from behind it.
I'm disappointed to see it's Gwil. I get really aggregated at this moment. ''Why won't she talk to me what the fuck is up''. Gwil tries to calm me down by putting his hands on my shoulders. ''Mate you need to have patience, she'll talk to you when she's ready.''. I clench my fists. I can't fucking believe she talked to anyone except for me.

I mean I'm not surprised since we basically broke up last night

I mean I'm not surprised since we basically broke up last night. Neither of us said those exact words but.. She fucking cheated on me. At least I thought she did, until Gwil told me how it all really was. Frustrated I run my fingers through my hair. That reminds me that I really need to get a haircut somewhere soon. ''Then how come she talks to you?!'' I eventually growl at him. He walks to the coffee machine and I'm following him closely. ''Because she needs a friend now Rami - For all she knows she thinks you two are done and given it's already complicated.. '' he says while giving me a cup of coffee.. He's right, for all she knows we're through and she thinks I'm only here as a courtesy.

I fucking can't anymore. Gwil sees what I'm about to do and wants to stop me but I'm already well on my way to the door. Before he gets a chance to catch up with me, I already have my hand on the doorknob and swing it open. In bed, with the doctor sitting next to her, is Amy. I can't help but stand still. Like I'm nailed to the ground. God she's so beautiful. But she looks so bad. She's wearing nothing but a hospital rope, which is a bit too large because the right sleeve fell down her shoulder, exposing it. Her hair is in a ponytail but some clumps of hair are hanging loosely against her cheek. She looks at me with wide eyes. She looks so God damn tired.. ''Rami-'' she says startled.

I'm not really sure what to do next but I want to hold her really badly. So I walk up to her and before wrapping my arms around her, I doubt my decision for a minute. She doesn't react so I take it as a sign she allows me to hug her, but when I do she quietly whispers ''Please don't-'' .