Chapter 6

Wordcount: +1,6 k
Warnings: none

.......

I wake up and see it's still dark outside

I wake up and see it's still dark outside. The clock behind my TV says it's 1.41 am. I honestly don't know how because it feels like I've slept for hours. I'm wide awake. When I want to get up I can immediately feel what sleeping on this tiny couch with someone, did to me. I feel stiff. Gwil is laying next to me, all crawled up to me. He doesn't seem bothered by the lack of space. Well.. I couldn't move a muscle all night so I really need a stretch. I'll just go for a smoke. I carefully get up to not wake Gwil, but that fails. ''What are you doing?'' he's immediately awake the moment I leave the couch. ''Just going to the toilet real soon''. I'm actually not but he doesn't need to know. ''mhmmm. Ok'' he says. I walk to the bathroom, to make sure if Gwil is still awake, at least my story sticks. He'll be passed out in a few seconds anyway.

And right I am. When I walk into the living room again he's asleep. I put on my Adidas-slippers and a coat. Just as I'm about to close the door behind me, I remind myself that my keys are still inside. When I take them I see my phone lighting up, oh right.. forgot about that. I take it with me too and in the most quiet way I sneak out, closing the door behind me. I walk down two stairs and the main door to walk out my apartment complex. I light a cigarette and sit down on the stairs leading to the main door. I take a look at the messages I received. Of course lots of messages and missed calls from Rami. Also a few voicemails.. I decide to listen to them. Just the standard ''baby please. I miss you. Please call me back. Please. I love you''. Holy shit, he sounds hammered.

I'm actually about the reply to his messages

I'm actually about the reply to his messages.. ''Hey...''. I type some more, and hit backspace. And I repeat it for 4 time, but 'hey' is as far as I come. My finger hovers over the send button. Should I?.. Nah.. Fuck him. As I hit backspace to delete the letters and lock my phone, someone calls me. I can see a phone number but it doesn't have a name. Probably someone I know but I don't have their number? I actually don't want to pick up, it's almost 2 in the morning. On the other side, someone who calls me at this hour must really need me. So I pick up.

"Yeah it's A-''.. ''AMELIA" ''Amelia are you there???'' I don't immediately recognize the voice because it's so noisy in the background I can't hear it properly. ''Who's this?'' I ask. ''Amelia it's Lucy I got you-''. I hang up. Fuck this. And fuck her for calling me. I smoke my cigarette in peace while she keeps calling me. I just push it away. Luckily she stops after 4 times. I don't have time nor the will to talk to her. When I put out my cigarette and I'm about to go back inside, another number calls me. What the fuck is it now. I pick up rudely, ''yeah.''