This Boulder On My Shoulder It Got Heavier And Colder

I sat waiting and watching for my mom's taxi to pull up outside, her plane touched down in L.A not more then 15 minutes ago and Ronnie's house wasn't far from the local L.A airport she would be here anytime soon now , as much as i persisted against her flying over to L.A in the first place i was actually now dying to hug her i truly missed my Mom it was just a shame my Dad couldn't come too, the only thing i didn't look forward to was her questions and disappointed looks, i frowned just thinking about it.

"I cant believe you're mom is here", Kasey spoke behind me from the sofa as she rummaged through Ronnie's CD collections.

"I know me either, but after she heard about Lil'Radke, well she insisted", Lil'Radke made there presence known again by the turn of my stomach, i hated the sickness but it was just a reminded that they where there, i smiled reaching my hand down to my tummy.

"The baby still giving you a tough time?", Kasey shuffled away from Ronnie CD collection to peer out the window beside me.

I nodded smiling faintly "Yes as always".

"Hey listen Lil'Radke ease up on you're momma", Kasey scolded jokingly.

I burst out laughing at her "I don't think Lil'Radke even understands Kasey, not yet anyway", i smiled at my best friend, who grinned broadly back at me.

Just then something caught the corner of my eye from outside both me and Kasey turned our heads in un-sen as a Taxi pulled up outside of the house, Holding my breath i watched as my mother in all her glory got out of the car, her brown long hair flowed around her shoulders like a halo just adding to her beauty, everyone says i get my looks from my mom but i could never see the similarity's because to me my mom would always be the prettiest woman alive, she didn't even look her age i seriously hoped at 45 that i would look just like her at that age, even my dad who wasn't there was extremely good looking, to which Kasey had a crush on him to my disgust, My mom and dad were a match made in heaven both beautiful both smart i had always hoped that one day i would find that kind of love and i did here in L.A with a hot rock-star who was my husband and pending father of my child.

I sighed at the sadness that took over me making my way over to the door opening it for my mom, "Mom", my voice came out more higher then i expected.

"Lis", My mom dropped her bags on the steps and took me into a huge bear hug to which i took full advantage of, "Oh honey, I'm so glad to see you", my moms voice cracked.

"Hey Mrs. Danvers", Kasey voice drifted close from behind me.

"Kasey love, nice to see you too", My mom eased her arms around me holding back back to stare into my face, her expression becoming stern, "How are you keeping honey?".

I smiled as my mom petting the back of my hair "So, so mom", i wasn't going to lie my mom new everything about Ronnie and about Lil'Radke, "Come in first", i reached around her to pick up her bags when she stopped me.

"No, no, Liisa no heavy lifting", My mom looked at me with a you should know this expression.

"Oh", I gave her a weak shrug stepping back as she haled her luggage into the sitting room closing the door behind her, i continued to watch as she glanced all around the house before meeting my eyes again.

My moms lips set into a firm line "Liisa Christine Danvers, you are going to tell me everything right now", she done that hands on the hips gesture moms always do.

My eyes meet Kasey's from across the room, i sighed looking back at my mom, "Liisa Radke", i whispered.

My mom frowned "Liisa i want to know everything".