Chapter Three - The Night Air

Chapter Three  - The Night Air

I started walking towards her and as I got closer to her; her scent was getting stronger the sweet yet lightly fresh smell of strawberries. I pushed my sliding wheel doors she gracefully tuned around with a friendly smile paced on her face. " Took you long enough, what were you doing up there building an empire?" she chuckled "No just dropping of some sketches and wireframes off" I double patted my back pockets to make sure I didn't forget my phone I turned back towards " Ready to go?" she asked " Yup show the way" we began to walk.

At first our walk was silent it most of consist of me trying to keep up with her followed by the over powering sound of chatter of pedestrians walking by occasionally she would turn around to see if I was still there. The walk gave me time to think my obaa-chan kept coming back. We came to a stop and I stumbled right into Athena " Sorry I wasn't looking" I said nervously "Its okay" she smiled back at me " Where are we if you don't mind me asking" my eyes wondered around trying to figure out where she has taken me. I was surrounded around exposed brick and old style Victorian homes " wow" I uttered out I reach for my phone placed in my back pocket and began to take pictures in the mist of taken photos I got a snap of Athena the lighting hit her face to gracefully without even trying she looked outstanding.

"What are you doing Ren lets go" she swung her arm towards her I put my phone back in my pocket and we both entered " Cloud 9 Café" it was so light and airy in there. The walls were exposed brick painted white with cutout clouds hanging from the exposed celling. " This place is nice" I said " I know right I love coming here to unwind after work or just to listen to the artist that play here" "Oh wow famous people come here?" I asked I was intrigued by the thought of someone like " Bruno Mars" playing here " Well not as famous ad you might be thinking more like local artist." She said we continued to migrate in the line waiting to order " Oh I see" I said " To be honest they deserve to be famous in my eyes ... well some" she giggled we were up next. " Can I have the cloud 9 classic hold the whip crème" she turns towards me " Are you going to order? It would not be much of a thank you coffee if you did not order anything" she said " Oh sorry, I'll have what you got sounds good but add the whip crème please sir" the cashier punched in our order gave us a slip and we found a seat to wait for our order.

Athena folded her arms under her chest and place them over the table I was about to see the top of her chest the way she was sitting I began to clear my throat and moved back more into my chair. "So Mr. Hiroshi" she said with a soft and smooth voice the way she said my name with that sensual voice sent a soft shiver threw my body. "ORDER UP! TWO CLOUD 9 CLASS" the cashier shouted out " I'll be right back" she pulled back out of her chair and headed towards the black stainless steal courtier top where our coffee were waiting.

She grabs our coffees, and began to walk back towards where we were sitting. She places my cup right in front of me "Here you go one Cloud Nice Classic" she said with a wink she placed hers down and sat. She blew on the top of the coffee to cold it down as for I took the very first sip of coffee. "Wow this taste very good" I smiled she started to giggle I started to form a puzzled look " What is so funny?" I asked "You have a little whip cream on your upper lip" I quickly tried to grab a napkin I was so embarrassed she got right up and proceeded to walk towards me "Let me get that for you" she picked up her napkin and whipped off the foam.

"You know did not have to do all of that, I could have don't it myself." I said she smiled at me " I know you're a big boy Ren i just felt like doign it is all ...problem?" she raised her I brow " No not at all." She began to fiddly with fingers as they were placed around her cup " So Ren I know I said thank you to you before but I just wanted to say it again because most people would have not done that so from the bottom of my heart thank you" her hands stop. She looked up "Really I am" her eyes looked different, the way she looked at me looked different.

"I should be saying thank you to you as well you saved my today big time I still owe you for the cab fair"  " Oh no it was no biggie" we both smiled yet hid or smiles behind our mugs  as we drank our coffee. "So Mr. Hiroshi back to what I was saying tell me about yourself... I can tell you aren't from here no offence." She waved her hands in front of her face while saying. " Its okay but you are right I am not from here I was born in Nara it is a city in Japan I'm currently a graphic/ui designer at an independent company." "Oh really uhhmm i should call you Mr.Big Shot instead of Mr. Hiroshi " she starts to smile and she sits up and clears her throat "Kon'nichiwa" she had the biggest grind placed on her face " Did I say it right?" I chuckled " Uhmm a little you still sound like a foreigner this is the proper way listen to me and try to repeat after me" . I took off my glasses "Konnichiwa! Watashi no namae wa Ren Hiroshi" her body looked like it was on pause I waved my hand in front of her face "Athena hello are you okay?" quickly she snapped out of it " Yeah sorry about that you just sounded so amazing" I could feel my cheeks getting warming and turning red.

"Really? thank you no one ever said that to me before" i glace at the clock placed in the shops wall "Ahh look at the time I need to be heading back before the wicked witch of the west yells at me" I began to laugh we both got up and headed out. "Well here we are!" she said she leaned over for a hug yet nervously I gave her my hand she started to laugh, "So this is where you work?" I said as i looked around" Yeah just a little old flower shop it keeps my mind at ease."  "Oh I see, Well I better get going thanks again for the coffee" I waved and began to walk back to work.

After my coffee break the work hours were going by pretty slow I even decided to pre-do some work designs weeks before they brainstorm meeting was suppose to happen. "Hey Hiroshi its getting pretty late the office will close soon." I looked up the once bright lite sky turned into a dark cover were only the city lights lite up the never sleeping city. " You are right I'll start packing up" my co-worked patted my back and left I saved my documents and headed for the elevator. "What floor" a woman dressed in a black suit asked " G please" the music in the background muted out our silence the time to my floor felt like an eternity I looked at my watch "8:50pm" I uttered to myself.

The doors open and I walked out. As I looked up the night sky the air was cold and stiff ; but maybe it was I instead of the air my body trying to adjust to the different weather. Most house lights were off, but streetlights flickered on and off, casting eerie shadows here and there. I could hardly enjoy my walk there was so much running threw my mind work, my friends back home, my family I wonder how my obaachan is doing I should really call her. As I pulled my head down to see where I ended up I was right in front of Athena's workplace her back was facing towards me as she locked up the shop for the night. I could not help but stare at her she turned around "I came to walk you home" I said I knew deep down that is were I was meant to be. Her arms always full with bags of flowers and some with paper work i gave her my hand to grab her bags she smiled and without and words passed them over and let me carry them. That night we didn't exchange words we let the night air fill our lungs.

**AN**

I made this one a little longer but wasn't it good?

 I think Athena is warming up to Ren don't you? But I also think Ren is opening his heart up as well as Athena.  Think they could remain this "No one says its not there" type of relationship how do you guys like "Her Scent" so far? Let me know with a comment and a vote I would lovee to know!!