Chapter Fifteen - On A Hunt For A Fox

Chapter Fifteen - On A Hunt For A Fox - Part One

My mind could only think about one person that would be by my door "Athena". Once I reached my front door my gut feeling was correct she was passed out laying by my house door. How could this have happened before I touched her I called 911 "Hello 911 NYPD emergency line , how can I help you today?" the lady said " I-I there is someone laying on my floor she isn't okay I don't know what to do...she- she" words stop making sense I couldn't get my thoughts together eventually my vision started to blur how pathetic could I be what kind of Man would tremble like this?

" Hello Sir , I am going to need you to calm down do not touch her I will send help using your cellphone gps." she said to me and hung up don't touch her? , but she needs me so much her eyes were so swollen I could barely reconcile her , her once pumped soft deep pink lips left with cuts and bust open , cuts crossed her brown skin along with black and blue bruises.

"What kind of animal could do this to her?" I said pasting back and forth with my hands on my head trying to understand what could she have possibly done to deserve this ; this is pure evil. I took a glance at her and I seen her fists holding on to what looks like a piece of paper for dear life. I walk closer and open her tight grip from her fading warmth hands and closed them back up , I open the crumpled paper it was a photo of us from the dragon festival she kept this photo all this time.

Even when I feel helpless she makes me smile I snapped out of my frozen state of mind of feeling sorry for myself and tried looking for her cellphone. I dial her number and I could hear her ringtone of Miyavi playing in the distance I followed the tone to the front of her condo door I was able to grab it without messed up the room for evidence. Odd she didn't have a password on her phone I scrolled threw her called log to see if I can contact a family member or friend , but all I seen was work , work , work , my number " Oh wait Hana?" like a flower I questioned I guess this person is important someway she has been calling and texting a lot with her I did not want to waste anymore time so I called Hana I hope this works.

"Hey baby girl , how could you be so cold and not call your best friend in so long?" she said in a way she reminded me a Jun-Jun saying such odd things "Athena?" she asked "Sorry my apologies I am Ren Hiroish her neighbor." I said "Why are you calling me from her phone?" her voice risen from a happy go lucky attitude did a 180 and changed she sounded upset. " I mean no harm , but I came back from my trip from Japan and I seen her laying passed out all bruised up by my door." each word that left my mouth cut me like a knife I didn't hear anything back from Hana did she hang up? "Hello Hana are you still there?" I asked " Is she okay? do you know who did this?... forget that I will be right over!" she said I could hear the pain in her voice as well it matched mine. "Okay I have already called for help please hurry." I told her.

As I wait for the police , ambulance and Hana to come to my aid for help I walk back over to Athena I sat next to her I could see her shirt was ripped from the sides and middle it was barely covering her up. I pulled off paid blue and green button up I was wearing right of my back and gently put it over her. I am so temped to hold her ,but I know right now it is for the best that I don't. I simply tuck her curls that were covering her face , and put them behind her ears I moved in closer " I will make everything better." I whispered into her ears she still warm a little bit my lips start to quiver I winder want her lips taste like.