Chapter One - There She Was

I hear a woman shout from the end of the hall in the main loft, "Wait wait hold the elevator please!!" I let out a deep sigh I had a long day after work and I'm not up for small elevator talk with the nice cat lady from across the hall.

Quickly I reached over to the close door button on the elevator wall trying to hurry up and rush before they come in. Before the door could close all the way I saw a foot pop right up I quickly rush back trying not to look like that asshole that closed the door on someone the door retracted and there she was.

Short, deep brown glowing skin her head full of curls to match her body she looked like she needed a hand both arms were full with bags full of groceries she could barely see over.

The door closed, I cleared my throat for her to notice me "What floor?" I asked looking straight ahead trying not to look at her too much.

She spoke with a raspy yet soft sweet voice "Same as you PH." she said we continued the ride in the elevator in complete silences good thing there was background music it was corny but it playing make it things a little bit less awkward.

I move a little bit to the side so she had room for herself and her multiple bags. My mouth opened "So I -"

She turns her head towards me "Did you say something?" with a puzzled look placed on her face I shook my head indicating no and continued to ponder into my thoughts.

Our floor was coming up next she slowly bends down to grab her bags I could feel my hands starting to get warm.

The elevator doors open up slowly and without even thinking I blurted out "I can help you with those if you like?" I couldn't believe I was able to say something to her, what if she thinks I'm some weird person maybe she didn't hear me and we can both go our separate ways it's not too late just keep it moving.

She turns towards me with a smile I would never forget "Sure I would love that!"

Wow she didn't hesitate to reply I answered her back quickly "Alrighty then show me the way." I bend down to pick up the rest of her bags and we began to walk. The walk down the condo hall felt was longer than it should have been.

We came to a sudden stop "We'll here we are." she said, awkwardly I placed her bags on the floor near her door gave her a smile

"Have a good night." and headed the other way. I never felt so happy to help a total stranger I could hear her jiggle her keys to open her door and it slams shut behind me and that was it.

I made my way to my condo I placed my keys in the red glass key bowl in front of my door, slipped out of my all black polo shoes and dropped my bag on the floor "Ahh" I let out a big stretch. "Umm a missed call from Jun" I hit the recall button and the phone began to ring.

"Ossu everything okay?" I asked.

"Moshi Moshi just calling to check up on you seeing how the new place is going. You move across the country and forget who your friends are?" he started to laugh.

"It's going good the company I'm working with has great benefits so it helps out a lot with money and also my mother sending me food left right and center from back home things are going pretty well. How's everyone back in Nara?" I said

"Funny thing you asked-."

I pulled the phone down from my ear, thought I heard a knock I put back the phone to my ear but yet again I hear a light knock I interrupted Jun "Jun-Jun hold on" I paused our conversation yet again I heard a stern knock on my front door I whispered to Jun "Someone it at my door!" I said.

Jun whispered back at me in a joking way "Soo answer the door." I placed the phone down on my granite countertop I was a bit nervous I don't know much people let alone I have not told anyone where I live.

I slowly creep up to my front door peephole trying to stay quiet while getting a good look at who was knocking to my surprise it was the young lady I helped from the elevator "Oh crap" I whispered out I quickly cover my mouth.

I wonder what she is doing here did I take something of hers. After a couple of seconds I yelled out "Uhmm just a minute" I rush back to my cell phone "Hey Jun Jun I'll call you back okay"

"Wait what I just called you" he let out a deep sigh "Fine but you better fill me in on why my bromance gets cut off with you" I agree with Jun Jun and hang up. I do a little prep in the side mirror by my door before I open it.

I allow myself to relax from getting overly excited exhale and inhale I grab the door and greeted her with a smile "Hey how is it going?" I said.

"I hope I'm not bugging you or anything its just when I got in I totally forgot to thank you for your help" she seemed so nervous talking to me when she spoke this time she didn't make any eye contact I wonder if I seemed upset when I answered the door

"It was really nothing I did not mind at all giving a neighbor a helping hand" I gave a chuckle yet subtle hoping it would show her to that I'm an okay guy.

"Well I just wanted to thank you yet again and I was like–" she pauses and bites her bottom lip I raise my eyebrow waiting for her to continue "I was thinking like this idea just popped in my head when I remembered I didn't thank you if you wanted to go out for a coffee or something nothing major just like a thank you coffee. You can totally say no I get it." Was she trying to hit on me is this a western thing I've ever been "hit on before" I might be just overthinking this is just a friendly gesture.

"That sounds wonderful to me. I do not know many places around here so you have to pick the place" I said with a smile "Sounds good to me, Thanks again" she walked away towards her condo.

Just as I was going to shut my door she yelled out "Oh wait how rude of me I didn't catch your name" she asked.

I yelled back from my door "Hiroshi... Ren Hiroshi" I smiled she waved at me

"I'm Athena Bryan."

**AN**

Hey guys I'm back at it again with another story something a bit different but still a little winter in it. This is just a test chapter to see how the feedback on this story goes if you have any comments or suggestions please let me know with a PM or a comment vote below I would love to know thanks again