Chapter Twenty-Three - The Big N

*SN*

Her Scent will be revised later on today.

Words to know 

** oyasuminasai - goodnight ( formal way) , hai - yes , Wabash no name wa Athena Byran desu - My name is Athena Byran , Domo arigatou - Thank you ( standard yet casual) **

Chapter Twenty-Three - The Big N

"Ren answer me... Does this girl you are seeing know you already have your hand in marriage?" Junichiro eyes locked on to me waiting to hear my answer. What could I even possibly say? "Jun she doesn't know and I'm not sure how to tell her." I love her ,yet I haven't been able to tell her. I quickly change the subject just talking about it made the pit of my stomach turn." Let's go up and eat she waiting upstairs."

Silence filled the empty space in the elevator with the occasional sniffle and coughs. Before we entered my house I said to Jun "Please don't say anything to her. I will figure out a way to tell her the news." He just gave me a half smirk.

"Athena?" I yelled out "Come come in Jun leave your stuff at the door." She must be around some where " Athena?" I yelled out again this time my heart was racing a bit more. Heading towards the kitchen I seen broken glass and spilt wine slowly flowing on the dark hardwood floors. I began to panic. Did he take her? I dropped my keys running around yelling her name. "ATHENA... ATHENA PLEASE ANSWER ME...ATH-" I seen her come out of the bedroom. 

I rushed over to her. "What is the matter Ren?" she looked up at me. " I called your name and you didn't answer me. I seen broken glass and I thought ... you didn't answer me when I called your name why?" I pulled her in closer to me gave her a peak on the cheek. "I'm glad you are safe." She'll be safe with me as longs as I hold her and don't let go.

"I have someone I would like you to meet." I grabbed her hand leading her towards Jun. "Athena this is Junichiro and Junichiro this is Athena." I widen my eyes to Jun and he leaded down into a bow. " Junichiro english isn't so clear like mine so just talk slow and if he doesn't understand I will translate for you. Okay?" she smiled. "Ren has told me so much about you. Your beauty is far more stunning then the words Ren used to describe you." Jun took her by the hand and ever so lightly placed a kiss on her hand.

"Dinner should be ready shortly just take a seat at the table." I usher him to his seat. "Ren." Athena mumbled my name. "Hai?" " Do you think I could invite Hana over?" I took a minute to think about it. " Since you have your friend over it would be nice for me as well. Don't you think?" she wasn't wrong ... it might even be better. " Sure. anything you want.

Her face lit up she leaned in on the tips of her toes, kiss me on end of my chin and said "Domo arigatou." Filled with happiness she hopped and left to make her call. I love it when she talks to me in Japanese it's just something about the way her voice sounds. I crave to hear it more.

Shortly after Athena left Jun entered the kitchen. "Need some help?" "Yeah can you take this to the table for me?" I handed him a plate of veggie tempera and I carried the rest to the dining table. "Everything smells so delicious Ren." Athena said walking back from our bedroom. "By the way I called Hana. Unfortunately she has a boat load of work to do before her meeting tomorrow. She said next time." The sound of her voice didn't match the happy expression she was trying to play for us.