Chapter Twenty Two - Her Eyes

She looked so troubled even though her face looked the same. Her eyes told me a different story. I just wanted to hold her right then and there. With the whole of the busy New York crowd staring, but I guess holding her hands would have to satisfy my quench for her.

While we walked home she didn't speak another word it was like our roles had reversed. I am now the one filling the silenced filled air with my stories of Japan. Landing right in front of our condo. "Do mind holding on I need to get some mail." I tired to let go of her hand, but Athena was hesitant to let me go.

"Okay. let's go." I walked ahead as she was holding my hand from behind. People filled the elevator one by one. She huddled in closer to me her mane of curls fits under my chin. I leaned in a bit over her and wrap my arms around her.

Athena mutters out to me "Ren what are you doing? people are looking at us." I lower my head closer to her right ear. She smelt so intoxicating. I wonder what our scent would be if we... I nipped her ear a bit. She exhaled deeply. "I don't care let them stare. This way they will know you're all mine." My lips were so close to hers. All I wanted was to kiss her right then and there.

The doors chime in. it was our floor. "Excuse us!" I grabbed her hand while my keys and mail was in my other hand, and we walked out.

"You play around so much Ren! You can't just say things to me like that." she lightly bumps into me "Why not? When it is true." You and I belong together I can never let you go. " suki nan da". I let the words slip out...Athena gave me this puzzled look. Sometimes I'm glad she doesn't know much Japanese.

The click of the front door unlocks. I place my mail down on the kitchen counter. "I'm going to take a shower okay Ren? I won't be long." She yelled from the bedroom we now share. "Hai hai please take your time. I will make some lemon green tea for us." she peaked her head out of the door "Arigato Hiroshi -Senpai". I smiled back at her and replied with a bow. 

I was leaning over the kitchen counter looking threw my mail ,and I stumbled across mail from Japan. "Hiroshi" why was my family sending me mail why not just call? I opened the letter wait what why? Athena comes out drying her hair. I stuffed the letter back inside the envelope. "Everything okay Ren?" with a concerned look placed upon her face I can't tell her this not right now. 

"Ah hai everything is okay. It just slipped my mind I have my get my childhood friend from the Airport tonight. He is here on business for the next week." Maybe Jun can help me when I see him. "Oh wow should I go across the hall until he leaves?" why would she just jump to a question like that. "iie you can stay here. He will be working closer to downtown the area. He will just be coming over for dinner to catch up and stuff like that. So please stay.

I walked closer to towards her. Laying my hands on her waist and brushed her hair behind her ears. "I want you to met him okay. Two people I hold close to my heart." I place a light kiss on her forehead. "I will make dinner for all three of us when I get back. Can you just clean up a bit?" I asked her. She stood there. Hair in loose bun with strays of her curls rolling down.

She held my hand even tighter and simply let go.

I picked my keys, tossed on a pair of running shoes and grabbed the letter my parents sent from japan. I can't leave this for her to see.

"Shoot I might be late." Speeding pass the lights hitting all greens. I press the phone key on my wheel. It went straight to voicemail crap "Hey Jun-Jun I'll be at the JFK airport as soon as I can terminal 2." I can't get this whole thing out of my head. "Ahhh" I grunted out. "No need to get so upset Hiro-sama." A rimness of my child hood friends voices waved over into my ear from my car window. "Ah buddy you got my message!" I leaped out of my car. "Please get in. Let me get these for you." I leaned down and grabbed his one carry-on and washed out red suitcase. Jun followed my lead and got into my car.

"Man what has it been like a year? Since I seen you last back in Japan? How is everything back home?" Question after question came. A taste of home is something I really need right now.

"Things are going great. Loving the work I do even more. My English isn't so well." I let of a giggle. "I bet that doesn't stop the ladies." Jun added in. I smirked a bit, yet keeping my eyes tight on the road. "Hey Jun can I get your input on something?" right now I really need someone to talk to... does this make me weak? Having these emotions? Japanese men don't share things like this.

"Yes of course! Anything." Junichiro voice lowered.

"I don't even know where to begin. Uhmm ah I met someone it's been about three-ish years now. I really like her a lot. If you know what I mean." It feels so weird talking about this stuff with him.

"That is great news Hiro. I'm glad you started dating again ever since ... you know her." Junichiro laid his hand on my shoulder for what felt like ages. I'm struggling to stay sane. I haven't felt like this for a while. "I'm not done Jun..." I exhaled. And he laid back.

"Here read this." I grabbed the letter I received from my mother and father. I can hardly breathe right now.

We stopped underground. "Ren... Your parents arranged you to marriage to another women?" Junichiro let go of the letter from his hand. Flowing down like a light feather hitting the wind. His expression says it all. This isn't good. I already knew that, but my heart is aching in pain what about Athena?

**AN**

Hello my Rose buds! Just a heads up I'm looking for an editor to revise some chapters. Hopefully enter some wattpad contests. So If you or anyone you know can just PM!

This chapter really pushes Ren emotionally. He is more verbal with his feelings. Which is rare in Japanese culture for men.  Ren is getting married off? think he should tell Athena or should he try and fix things on his own? I think Junichiro aka Jun is shocked himself about it ... does he know what Athena is Black? think his opinion will change?

Share your thoughts in the comment area below! Don't forget to vote , share and add to your reading list.

Until next time!