Carter's POV

My heart raced when Grant said I might be able to go inside Lola's head.

I knew of my talent that I got from my grandma, but I don't even think she could do that, so how do I know I can do it?

Jenna looked at me wide eyed and said, "Can you really do that?"

I shuddered. "I-I don't know."

Spencer must've saw my concern because he put a hand on my shoulder.

He gave me a friendly smile and said, "Hey, she'll be alright."

I forced a smile and replied, "Thanks."

Jenna punched my arm and said teasingly, "Yeah, you got it! And like her mom said, she'll live: That's the good news." There was a moment of silence before she said, "I'm gonna go check on Oliver." She started stepping away, her high pony tail whipping back and forth.

I smirked at her. "And since when have you checked up on him?"

Jenna turned around and said, "Well, I-I'm going to go take a shower before bed, it's getting late if you haven't noticed, and his room his right by the showers, so might as well."

I heard Spencer snort. "Oh yeah, that's the reason."

Jenna frowned. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Spencer and I gave each other a look before he said, "Oh, nothing."

Jenna walked out with her towel and clothes and Spencer and I walked out with her.

"So, see you tomorrow?" Spencer said.

"Yeah..." I replied.

He walked away and I knocked on Lola's door. I slowly opened it and I saw Mila sitting next to Lola; who was now wearing a white crop top and white shorts and her arm wrapped with cloth.

Mila looked up at me and gave a sad smile. "Hey, Carter. You should get some sleep." She said in a calm tone.

"How can you be so calm?" I asked in a shaky voice.

Mila licked her lips and sighed. "Well, I know we are doing everything we can, and that she will survive." She said,

"Carter get some sleep. Please. You'll need your energy for tomorrow."

I decided to play dumb because we weren't supposed to hear her and Grant's conversation.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked.

Mila smirked at me. "I know you, Jenna and Spencer were listening to us. I know teenagers, Grant doesn't. Don't tell him I said this, but sometimes he is as dumb as a box of rocks."

I smiled at her. This is where Lola got her sass.

"Okay, well...goodnight." I said before leaving Lola's room. I closed the door and walked to my room. It took awhile but I finally got some sleep.

***

I woke up early that morning. The morning sun warmed my face, and I felt a cool breeze on my bare chest. I hoped, I prayed that last night was a dream. One second I was singing to Lola and the next second, Lola is in a coma.

I rose from my bed and got dressed. I only ate some fruit and I raced upstairs. I opened Lola's door to see Grant and Spencer healing her.

She lay still on her bed, arms and legs spread out as Spencer and Grant waterbent some glowing water on her.

She looked...scared; sweat was on her forehead and her hands were in fists. Why couldn't I protect her?

"Anything bad?" I asked as I leaned against the doorway. Spencer didn't look up but he said,