Part 23

"Lola?" Said a soft voice that knocked me out of my day dream.

I lifted my eyes and pushed back my hair as I asked, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked 'Are you okay?'."

That's when I remembered, this was Ms. Green. My therapist. "I'm fine." I said in a hushed voice. Then every event of the past two months unravelled. Two months. I've been in this place for two months. I haven't seen sun, or rain, or my parents, or Spencer Goode in two months. The only thing good that has happened is that I saw Aunt Mai and Paul see each other. And that Jenna has finished firebending. I still have a month left of fire bending. Which I know is fast, but there is nothing else to do here except practice.

I finished earth, and metal. I just started water which is hard. The high members say it's because "Water is the element of change" and I hate change.

Now you may be asking, "Why is the powerful Avatar Lola, going to counseling?" Well, after a few days of being here, the high members decided I needed to see a counselor for: Anxiety, and depression.

And I'm still angry with Carter. I can't stand to be in the same room as him. He stopped me from saying goodbye. I felt tears roll down my cheek.

"Lola? Honey?" Ms. Green said.

I wiped them off with my sleeve. "I'm sorry."

"There is nothing to be sorry for Lola." She said, "Have you been reading your calm list?"

I sighed and wiped another tear. "Yes."

Ms. Green nodded. "Please recite it."

I pushed my hair back again. "Tea, my hair being braided, books, oceans, candles, blankets, and sweet scents."

Ms. Green nodded. "Very good dear. I hope you have a good week." I nodded and she stood up and left my room. It looked the same as when I got here, except for a small crack on one wall from earth bending at it.

I read my favorite book for a while then got up and walked out to see Jenna. She was a bit sad about not going up, but besides that she was normal. I walked to her room which was a few doors down, and knocked on the door.

She opened the door with a smile. "Hey, Lola. You alright?"

I nodded.

"You wanna come in?" She asked.

I nodded again. I walked into her pink room. It had a bunk bed, two dressers, a table, and three chairs. She shared a room with her sister Stella. I sat on a chair as Jenna started braiding my hair. I told her about waterbending training and how Grant is not very encouraging.

As Jenna tied up my braid she asked, "Have you talked to Carter?"

I scoffed. "No."

Jenna sat next to me and with a worried face she said, "Lola, it's been two months. He had to protect you." She pressed.

I stood up in anger. "So, you're taking his side?" I asked.

Jenna stood up too. "I'm not taking sides. He should have at least warned you that if you refused to go he would drug you and that you wouldn't be able to say goodbye, but you refused to come!"

I crossed my arms. Jenna rolled her eyes and said, "Come on, Lola! We have this argument every week!"

I stomped out of there and into my room where I sat on my bed. I kept thinking on who would understand. "I know who." I said under a hushed voice. I put on my black boots, black beanie, and black hoodie. I snuck out of my room keeping my head down. It was around dinner so no one was around. I got inside our elevator and clicked up. The lights flashed and I felt the room move.

"Finally," I said to myself, "after two months I'm going to see Spencer."