Part 2

"I heard the wrecker can bend smartphones!" Jenna said, as she ate her tuna sandwich at lunch.

'The Wrecker' is slang for 'The Avatar'.

I shook my head. "That's impossible the last actually one died before smartphones came out... I think."

Jenna laughed. "See it could be true." Her eyes caught something across the room behind me, and her smile shrunk. "Woah check it out..." she pointed to the water tribe boy that was in the gang of freshmen bullies, him and Cindy were arguing.

"Think they'll break up?" I asked.

Jenna thought for a second as she stared. "Nah. They do this every other week."

"But not like this." I said.

We watched as they yelled in a corner in the lunchroom. Cindy grabbed an a apple and threw it at him and he caught it in mid air using water bending

"Woah!" Everyone in the lunchroom said in awe.

Everyone watched as the apple floated in the ball of water mid air as the water tribe boy held his arm out, then it fell as a teacher walked over.

"Spencer Goode do you have any idea what trouble you're in?" the teacher yelled.

Spencer grew red as everyone watched the teacher yell at him.

"Bending at a student! You're lucky we don't turn you into the police! Detention for two months!" She gave him a slip, then walked away in disgust.

I turned to Jenna whose eyes were bugging out of her head.

"Oh my spirits, did you see that?"

She nodded in terror. "Yeah. How weird!"

We both shuddered, knowing if we ever defended ourselves with bending, we surely would be sent to the police.

"What do you know about him anyway, Jenna?" I asked.

Jenna always knew everything about everyone. "Spencer Goode. Freshmen. He's already had three parties and we just started a month ago. His (probably) ex is, Cindy obviously. And I guess he's a bender."

No one until now, knew that Spencer Goode was a bender. How did he become so popular if he is a bender. Maybe his looks? Cindy at his side? She must have know, because of the look on her face when she threw an apple at him: like she knew he would water bend.

Jenna whistled. "Dang, she lost a very good looking boy."

I laughed. "They probably broke up because she found out he was a bender."

RRRIIIIIIIINNNGGGG

The bell.

Jenna and I threw away our trash as we walked to our different classes.

"You coming to the football game tonight?" Jenna asked, with a sly smile.

I looked down. "No, you know how I am with gatherings."

My friend frowned. "Okay."

That night during dinner as we ate my mom brought up the whole 'Ward hasn't taking me to school thing'

"So?" My dad said, "He has every reason not to."

I saw Ward smile in the corner of my eye. He chimed in, "Yeah she's total embarrassment!"

Mom's face turned red. "She is your sister! Did you know people used to worship benders!?"

Ward sunk into his chair as she yelled at him.

Then dad grew red, "Well honey these aren't those times! Benders are a disgrace to society!"

My eyes were filled with tears and my hands were shaking

"You speak as if you hate Lola. What has she ever done to you? Or Ward? Or society? You talk like she's not sitting at this table with us!" Mom defended me.

"She was born." Ward mumbled.

Mom grew more angry and dad stayed silent.

Tears came down my face as I quietly said, "Excuse me." I ran upstairs to my room and slammed my door. I fell onto my bed and sobbed. My dad hates me. My brother hates me. Society hates me.

I felt as worthless as goldfish walker.

I saw a flash of light in the corner of my eye. I sat up and cleaned my glasses. Another came. It was a fireball!

I opened my window and looked down. I saw Jenna waving and pointed to a car, "Get in loser we're going shopping!" She laughed at her quote.

"Listen Jenna," I grumbled out my window, "I'm not in the mood."

She frowned, "Come on that's the reason to go!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Go where?" I asked.

She smiled, "To the game!"

I rolled my eyes and earth bent a rock for me to crawl onto as I came out of my window. I stood on the rock as I floated it down, "Alright." I said, "But only this one time!" Jenna started smiling so big I thought she was gonna break.