Part 22

I woke up in a new room. It had white painted walls, a dresser next to my bed and my bed was up against the back wall. My head felt foggy, the room was spinning.

At the end of the bed, to the right was the wall and to the left was a dresser. I turned my head to see a table in the left corner in the front of the room, and a door in the right corner.

The room stopped spinning and I could focus. I look at the dresser, it was four feet tall and on the top of it was a picture of my mom. I sat up on the bed. I noticed my bag next to the dresser. I stood up and opened the four drawers: the top one had my books, coloring books and notebooks, the second had two pairs of gym clothes, and two pairs of pajamas. The third had a stack of green, black, and camo t-shirts, a stack of navy blue jeans, and a long sleeve dark green hoodie, and my camo jacket, the last one had hygiene products.

I closed them all and looked down to see what I was wearing:

I had black sweatpants and a tank top, and I had no shoes on.

I felt a chill up my spine. Where am I? I tried opening the door but it was locked. I looked on the table, all it had was a glass of water and a bucket of rocks. I turned to look under my bed: I saw, sandals, green running shoes, and a pair of my black boots.

I heard the door open and I turned around to see a woman in a scarlet and yellow jumpsuit. She smiles at me. Then I was hit with a flashback:

The smile. A young girl (who looked just like this woman) she's a airbender, she's smiling. The smile.

I broke out of the flashback and landed on the floor. The woman ran and caught me. She set me on the bed, as I held my head. "You okay, Lola?" She asked.

I remembered. "Reina?" I asked.

She smiled. "Yes it's me. You just went in the Avatar state, you were mumbling my mothers name."

I sat up, and asked, "Jinora?"

She nodded. "Honey, do you remember anything?"

I was about to shake my head but then I remembered it all. I felt my eyebrows crease. "Carter drugged me." I whispered angrily.

Reina frowned. "Yes, but he had to for your safety." she said softly, "Lola, the government found out that the Avatar is alive."

I felt my knees bang together. "Do they know it's me?" I asked.

She looked down. "We don't know. We have our spies investigating."

I also looked down. "How do you know they know?"

Reina finally looked up and said, "All our spies discovered is that they know. And you, Jenna, Mai, and Stella, all have to stay down here."

I bolted up. "What? That crazy! What about my parents?"

Reina stood up with me. "They think you ran away."

"What?" I said softly. I felt the tears fill my eyes.

Reina rubbed my back. "You've been in and out of sleep for a week now. Jenna hasn't done any training yet, she's waiting for you, and Carter...well...he's hurt that you're mad at him."

I didn't say anything.

"We had to do this for your safety." She said softly.

I stood up and wiped my tears. "Can I start earthbending lessons with Yamu?" I asked.

Reina thought for a second then she said, "Okay, but eat and drink first."

A minute later some guards bring me a sandwich and some juice and water. I finish then they let me out. I walk to the gym and everyone stares at me, I then remember that most of them probably heard me screaming last week.

I go to the gym to see Yamu there. "Hey Lola, how you feeling?" He asks while he pats my back.

"Much better once we start." I grumbled.

As he teaches me to feel with vibrations I see in the corner of my eye Carter watching us. He sees me staring and he walks away.