one.

Episode one~

~ Word Count: 1.6k

Third POV

- click -

Hinata Ema and her fraternal twin, Hinata Yuuki, were one click away from having their lives change before them. Yuuki slightly bends down to check if her sister did not forget anything from their old house before officially moving to the new house that their father, Hinata Rintarou, plans to marry soon to a beautiful woman with the name of Asahina Miwa.

"All check!" Yuuki cheered.

She lodges her handheld bag that kept her school work and personal folders she left on the shelves in their combined room before securely holding the straps of the bag.

The two girls started to make their way to the train station after saying goodbye to their old house. As they walked, Yuuki glances at her gullible sister, who seemed to be trying to hide her smile but her giggling overpowered. Loud squeaking that was heard to the public was a tiny grey squirrel hunched on top of Ema's shoulder.

However, the two girls throughout their lives has had the ability to fluently comprehend the words that squeaks out of Ema's protective squirrel, Juli. Since they were little, Juli has been overly protective over Ema and sometimes Yuuki from those that could be potential predators in Juli's perspective.

Since it became normal for the two girls to not see their father due to his business trips and travelling overseas, they both decided to take care of each other. The two girls believed that having each other made living alone not as lonely as it seemed to be.

Between the two girls, Yuuki would technically be the oldest of the two by four minutes. Although they have similar personalities, Yuuki would be considered the more actively optimistic and comparatively protective over her other sister. She believes Ema is too innocent to comprehend various situations but still smart enough to understand.

On the other hand, Ema has always thought of Yuuki as her inspiration and admires her enthusiastic character, hoping someday she can be just like her. She never once had feelings of envy or jealousy over the person Yuuki grew up to be because she is always thankful that Yuuki prioritize her over everything.

On the train ride to their new house, Juli has not kept quiet over his anxious feelings on the brothers the girls will soon to meet.

"Chii, you better be really careful around those men. T-there is a whooping thirteen of them, after all" Juli warns.

Yuuki sighs and gently pats Juli's anxiousness.

"Hai hai, of course she knows. All you ever talk about is the danger we will encounter and the amount of guys that will live in the house. Don't worry, Juli-"

Yuuki intangibly leans closer to Ema's shoulder that held Juli's stuttering.

"Ema has me to protect her, not only you" Yuuki giggled, relaxing Juli's nerves a little bit.

Yuuki turns to lean back on the train window and pulled out the few sheets of paper that composed of their father's letter that informed the girls of each member of the Asahina family. Ema joins her carefully, trying not to fall from the unbalanced mobility.

"I can't believe these people are going to be our step-brothers" Yuuki smiled, as she and Ema looked over the pictures and description of each again.

"I hope they will be nice" Ema shyly smiles.

Yuuki looks over at Ema's shy appearance and grinned, giving a slight relief to Ema knowing that she is not alone meeting a house of thirteen strangers.