Chapter 29

9 years after the deal

"It's time heda." Titus says. Clarke nods and clips her armor onto herself. 

"So is everyone ready?" Clarke asks. 

"Octavia and Lincoln have already set out to scout for you." Titus says, "Your guards and Wells are waiting at the gates. Your mother has been commissioned to stay here longer.  Murphy and Raven are being permitted to join us on your command." 

"I think it's best that they stay here." Clarke says. "And um-"

"Bellamy is right outside, probably listening to this conversation." 

"Right, thank you." Clarke says and starts out the door. "Aren't you coming?" 

"No, not yet. I want to learn more about these people you so trust." Titus says and looks out the door. An older woman walks past. Clarke smiles. 

"Ah, vera kane?" Clarke asks. 

"Yes, heda." Titus smiles back. Clarke nods happily. 

"Well I will see you soon, I hope seda." 

"Yes." Titus says and they hug. Clarke leaves the room and meets Bellamy. 

"Hey." 

"Hey." Clarke says. They start walking down the hall together. 

"Clarke I wanted to discuss Mur-" Bellamy is cut off by Jasper and Monty running up to them. 

"Heda." They bow, "Can we come with you to Polis?" 

"Yes, of course, just hurry up and get ready we are leaving soon." Clarke says warmly. 

"Hell yeah." They do a little handshake and run off. 

"They're nice." Clarke says. 

"Yeah, they protected O while I was gone." Bellamy coughs, "Anyways I was wondering if you'd consider bringing Murphy and Raven to Polis." 

"Bell, they betrayed us." Clarke says. 

"They didn't think Wells has any intention of hurting me, and quite frankly neither do I." 

"They called me-" Clarke stops herself, "If it means that much to you, they can come with." Clarke says. Bellamy smiles and kisses her quickly before running off to find them. She is left alone in a foreign hall. She punches the wall and winces. Her knuckles bleed. She shakes her hand off and continues forward not  knowing where she's going. She turns and ends up in med bay. 

"Clarke." Abby says. 

"Yes?" Clarke asks. 

"How are you doing?" Abby asks and looks down to her hand, "What happened?" 

"Nothing." Clarke says flatly. 

"You can't stay mad at me forever." 

"You underestimate me." Clarke says, turning around. Her mom grabs her arm. "You got my father killed!" Clarke yells. Her mother's face pales and she backs away. Clarke feels bad instantly. "But you saved the man I love." Clarke extends her arm. "Thank you." Her mom grabs her arm and they shake. 

"May we meet again."Abby says tearfully. 

"May we meet again." Clarke smiles and then abruptly leaves the room, heading outside. She doesn't see anyone she knows so she walks over to the horses. She brushes one as she waits. Suddenly she feels something hit her leg. She looks down and sees a ball next to her feet. Little children in the distance stare, their legs shaking.Clarke walks over to them with the ball.