Chapter 11

4 years after the deal

"Are you sure about this Heda?" Titus asks.

"Yes." Lexa responds. "I want to see how the nightbloods react to a change in pace. If it's negative we need to teach them to react better."

"Okay." Titus says warily and walks to the training area. He notices they are already in pairs and have begun training. "Children, today we are changing it up. Different partners." Clarke and Bellamy look to each other. Bellamy smiles to calm her down. "Aden with Raven."

"Don't kick whoever you gets ass too hard, huh?" Bellamy asks.

"I'll go as easy as I go on you." Clarke says. Bellamy smiles.

"Bellamy go with Maia." With that Clarke digs her nails into her staff.

"Well go on." Clarke says and Bellamy scurries off.

"Clarke and Murphy." Clarke bears Wells sigh.

"And I thought I'd get an easy partner." Murphy says, "Now I'm gonna get my ass kicked by a 10 year old."

"Almost 11."

"Still it's embarrassing in front of..."

"Raven." Clarke teases him.

"Shut up." Murphy says.

"Well what if I go easy." Clarke winks at him.

"You're gonna let me win in front of everyone?" Murphy asks, "They'll know it's fake."

"Or maybe they'll think I've gotten worse." Clarke laughs. Murphy smiles. They begin sparring and within a few minutes Clarke lets Murphy put her in a chokehold. Meanwhile Maia spits at Bellamy.

"Skaikru joka." She curses. Bellamy looks to Clarke smiling with Murphy.

"Let's just get this over with." Bellamy says.

"So you can get back to your girlfriend?" Maia asks. Bellamy strikes her.

"Jealous?" He asks. Maia is shocked as Bellamy takes out her leg. On the other side of them Aden stares at Raven.

"Your leg." Aden says, "I don't want to hurt you."

"I can handle it." Raven says. He lets her beat him. "Try." Raven says.

"I won't injure you further. You all shouldn't even be here. It's punishment." Aden says.

"What?" Raven asks very confused. Aden shakes his head. While the others are still fighting and Clarke is fake pinned she stares at everyone. Most of the nightbloods has developed soft spots for skaikru. After Jack saved Fox from the fire last year everyone had grown pretty close, other than Maia. She even noticed that Juli was sleeping on Skaikru's side. Ravens old partner Gregor was inching closer and closer to Skaikru too. Clarke was proud of her fellow novitiates.

"Enough!" Titus yells staring particularly at Clarke. Raven stares in awe at Murphy. He tightens his grip.

"Watch it." Clarke whispers and he lightens up.

"Murphy switch with Wells. Clarke come talk to me for a moment." Titus says. Clarke hustles over to Titus.

"I know that John Murphy is 12 and you are going on 11, but he is one of our weaker novitiates. It is wise of you not to hold back to make friends."

"I understand Seda."

"Next time you do, there will be consequences." Titus says. Clarke nods. "Go partner with Wells." Clarke runs over to Wells and hugs him.