Chapter 25

9 years after the deal
"Jackson he's seizing again!" Clarke yells. Jackson runs in and sticks Bellamy with a reaper stick in the neck. He stabilizes. "That's the third time today." Clarke whispers.

"Any word from Abby?" Murphy asks. Jackson shakes his head solemnly. "Okay can we wait to send in the next bunch of visitors, I mean most of our friends are out on their missions but Monroe, Fox, Roma, and Sterling all coming in today was overwhelming."

"No problem." Jackson says, "Murphy can I talk to you for a minute?" Murphy stands up and moves into the hall with Jackson.

"What's up?"

"I didn't want to say this in front of her, but if he goes on like this then he won't survive another three days. And he'll only get worse from here."

"What else could possibly happen?"

"Bile leaking, hemorrhaging, worse seizing, and the worst one in my opinion loss of brain development."

"I understand."  Murphy stops him, "Go to Sinclair and see if he can send a beacon to the search parties."

"Got it." Jackson says and Murphy starts back into the room, "And Murphy."

"Yeah?"

"I know Clarke really appreciates you being in there with her. I mean you're the only person left in this camp who cares about her and who she trusts." Jackson says, "I know it must be killing you to stay here while others are on missions but you're doing it because you're a good guy." Suddenly Jaha approaches them, unbeknownst to Jackson. "When this is all over I'm going to commission Jaha for your right to stay here and be our ambassador for the coalition."

"That'll never happen." Jaha says, "I can't have a man I locked up in a position of power. You understand Murphy?"

"Yeah I understand." Murphy spits, "And well Clarke's promised me that and more." Murphy says, "See like her, I know where my loyalties lie. To my people, and my people is them. The ones you sent away to live in the capital alone as children. You knew the harsh ways of the grounders and you let us suffer. Then you locked me up for a crime that I didn't commit. No you locked me and Raven up to keep your little secret." Murphy stops himself from exploding anymore, "I have to go check on Bellamy." Murphy rushes into the room and shuts the door.
"Hey Clarke." Murphy says casually.

"You guys don't have to act like it's a secret to protect me I am not weak. I'm the commander. I know what the constant seizures mean."

"How? I mean I know Abby was a healer but when we went to the capital we were only 6."

"There was a man who had epilepsy." Clarke says, "I learned how to deal with seizures. Add posion to the mix and you get bile eruption, blood loss, and worse." Clarke hears chanting outside, clearly from her people. "What a great commander I am." 

"I think it's cool your staying with him, you haven't left his side in three days." 

"But my people are hungry for justice."

"Then go feed them." Murphy says, "I can handle Bellamy and if anything happens you'll be the first to know." Clarke nods. 

"I'll be back in a moment." Clarke says. She leaves the room and enters the hall. 

"Heda." Titus meets her immediately. 

"Let's go." She says. 

"Yes." Titus smiles, "As you know some of the clans have joined us here. Trikru, Sangedakru, Flokru, and Louwada Kliron Kru." 

"Yes and I will speak to them all." Clarke says, "But then-" 

"You go back to Bellamy."Titus groans. Clarke spins around.