Chapter 17

6 years after the deal

Bellamy sits on the balcony in sight of the party. His eyes follow the tree line trying to make out some of the clans trading posts in he woods. Clarke pulls Mbege off of her and dances over to him. "What's up sky boy?" She asks with a goofy smile on her face. Bellamy turns to meet her, not so happy.

"You'd better hope Titus doesn't find out about his next commander getting drunk." Bellamy says.

"You brought the keg." Clarke says, "And Titus doesn't know everything about my life."

"What doesn't he know about?" Bellamy says, "He knows your sleeping schedule, what you eat, who your with, what you wear, everything. Seriously what does that guy not know?" Bellamy asks while looking down to the marketplace. Clarke tries to muster the courage in her drunk little head. She turns his body and gets on her tip toes. "He doesn't know about this." Clarke whispers and starts trailing kisses down Bellamy's neck. He lets this happen as she moves up to his lips. She gropes his crotch as she kisses him. After that it only took a moment to stop.
"Clarke." Bellamy says, "Clarke." He pulls away from her stumbling back into the room. He comes back up to her level. "What the hell." He says. She looks embarrassed but that doesn't stop him. She's now sobered up from his tone. "Clarke your 14 years old and I'm 17. You're like my sister." No she wasn't. "You're drunk. You're acting like an idiot little girl." Why was he saying this? He didn't mean it.

"Okay I'm sorry." Clarke says as everyone stares at them. 

"No you're not. You push people away and then you throw yourself at them." Bellamy says, "You should sober up." Clarke is now on the verge of tears and bites her lip. She walks past him.

"I'm not the only one who pushes people away." She whispers as not to embarrass him even though he just embarrassed her in front of everyone.

Bellamy and Wells sit together.
"Wow." Wells says.

"Spare me your lecture." Bellamy says. "I know I shouldn't have said any of that but I couldn't stop."

"Yeah cause you were upset and when you are you lash out." Wells says, "Octavia's told me about this before."

"Wells I think you should back off." Bellamy says.

"Go make things right with Clarke or I will." Wells says. Bellamy rolls his eyes but rise and walks down to the marketplace. He sees Clarke sitting against the wall. She must've been trying to leave, again. He walks over to her. She   wipes her face and looks the other way.

"Hey."

"Hey." She says and scoots away from him.

"I'm sorry for everything I said back there. I wasn't thinking like at all. Like I was saying things that don't make any sense." Bellamy says.

"'Most were true." Clarke says, "It doesn't matter. I shouldn't have done it in the first place."

"It's not that Clarke I just-"

"You just?"

"I just wanted our first kiss to be different than that." Bellamy says, "You know without you being drunk." Clarke smiles on the inside.

"Oh." She says, "Well I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Next time it'll be better." Bellamy says.

"Next time?" Clarke asks as he walks away. He turns and grabs onto the door to balance himself. 

"Yeah, next time." Bellamy says and walks away confidently. Clarke looks down at the metropolis below her. 

"Don't be coy, Bellamy." She whispered to herself, "War is here." She stares down as the Ice Queen enters the tower with her guards around her, enclosing her in a circle. "Heda." She runs off the balcony and towards the throne room.