Chapter 27

>:)

Kate's POV

I walked through the doors of the funeral home carefull not to make mich noise. I walked up to the casket that held my sister.

I looked down at the lifeless body and screamed. It wasn't Vanessa, it was me. I looked at Liam in the front row and rushed to him. I screamed his name over and over again but he didn't budge.

Harry stood in the corner crying into Niall's shoulder. "I'm not dead!" I screamed. No one moved, not a muscle at my voice. Their eyes were focused on the front where Luke was holding my cold hand. I made my way next to him and his tears were staining his face.

I looked down at the hand he was holding. It had a wedding ring on the ring finger. My eyes lingered to his left hand which had a ring on it as well. My heart dropped.

"No. Katelyn, you promised." Luke cried and turned over my wrost running his finger along the bandage. No! I-I couldn't!

"Luke! Please listen to me!" I touched his shoulder but my hand went right through him.

"He cant hear you. You're dead dear." I turned my head and saw my mother dressed up.

"Mother! Please! I can't be dead!"

"I'm sorry dear, but you are."

"Why is there a wedding ring on my finger?"

"You and Luke got married, don't you remember? That little girl next to Liam is your daughter." I turned my head and almost screamed. I saw a man in the corner, aiming a gun at Luke. Jared.

"No!" The gun rippled through the room and hit Luke in his spine.

"NO!" I screamed jolting awake. Tears were dripping down my face. Or maybe its sweat?

"Katelyn! Are you ok?" I looked at the clock. 4 am. Damn, I was asleep for an hour.

"Yeah." I sighed and stood up letting Luke in.

"You scared me!" He pulled me into a hug and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I lied.

"Alright. Get some sleep." He kissed my cheek and turned to the door.

"Wait!" I stopped him. "Stay with me?" He nodded with a small smile. I scooted over for him and he plopped himself under the covers. His arms opened wide and I sludged in burying my face into his chest.

"Get some sleep love." He whispered yet again.

I drifted off to sleep protected by Luke's comfortable grip.

~~

My alarm went off at about noon waking Luke and I up. "Come on sleepy head. Time for your first day of college!" He chuckled and helped me stand up. "I'll be eating if you need me." He left the room after kissing my head.

I shook it off and grabbed a pair of skiny jeans, and a Nirvana t shirt, adding my black high tops with them. When I finished, I walked out and pancakes instantly filled my smell.

"Smells good aunt Jane." I complimented sitting at the table next to Luke and Uncle Burt.

"Thank you dear. How are feeling about your first day today?"

"Nervous as hell." I chuckled.

"Language!" Uncle Burt snapped.

"Burt, she's 19, give her a break."

"She has already been engaged, and has under aged dranken before. Cut her slack you say? Pity." He scoffed. I slumped in my chair and finished the pancakes in front of me. Not the way I was expecting.

***

Harry's POV

God, it has been forever since I have been confronted by the paps. Today, was different.

*flash back to about 2 hours ago*

"Harry! Is it true you and Katelyn are a no go anymore?"

"What do you think? We confirmed it on national tv." I snapped.

"Are you planning on going back to your old ways?"

"What old ways? The drugs and alcohol? Fuck no." I growled already agitated.

"Are there any other girls on your mind to make them yours?"

"Leave. Now." I warned. I stalked away and into a sports store. I hit my hand on the shelf shaking the wall.

"Sir? Are you alright?" An old lady asked.

"Yeah. Just fine."  I walked into the bathroom of the small store and sat on the sink. I glanced at my reflection. It sedmed the other half was missing.

*end of flashback*

My fist collided with the punching bag several times. The personal trainer I hired, wasn't really helping. So I thought of Jared and pounded the bag where his face whould be.

"Styles, you are good to go for today." Baren nodded towards the door and I got up to leave.

As I drove home, I stopped by the skate park. When I arrived, Brook was barking orders and having fun with the others. "Hey." I breathed as she scowled.

"What do you want Harry?" She snapped watching closely at everyone practicing.

"I just wanted to visit." I shrugged and watched with her.

"If you're here to get me on your side, think again." She broke the silence as Willow came up.

"Great. The guy that broke my best friend's heart." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, glaring at me. "Whphy are you here?"

"To apologize."

"Not gonna happen. Just leave, no one is happy with you at the moment. Especially Liam." They skated away and I slugged away back to my black Mercedes.

"Fucking hell." I whispered and drove back to my house. I unlocked the door and walked into the empty living room. My only thought was to get my mind away from Katelyn. I oulled out my phone and dialed the first girl I could think of.

"Hey Harry!"

"Taylor, can you come over?"

"Sure! Be there soon!"

@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_

I felt like updating a day early, so here you go guys!

1 question, can I talk to someone? I'm kind of broken at this point bc of one of my friends, you dont have to if you dont want to. Bt thx if you do. :)

QOC

Whats your favorite food?

My answer : pizza!

-K