Confrontation

Authors POV

Archie and Jughead were sitting in a booth at pops waiting for the girls to arrive.

They had been waiting for 10 minutes because they decided to come early to order the food because for some reason it was packed.

"Hey jug have you seen any girl worth your time?" Archie asked.

"Nah not really almost all the girls at our school are complete bitches." He said jokingly.

"How about Betty. Isn't she cute?" He asked looking up from his milkshake.

"Well yeah I suppose but..." He said being cut off by Archie.

"But nothing you like her, like more than friends, more than best friends." He replied forcefully.

"She's my best friend. That hasn't changed." Jughead snapped back as a reply.

"It's clear your feelings for her have" Archie replied rolling his eyes at him.

"What's that supposed to mean arch" he said spitting out the word arch with hate.

"Nothing nothing" he replied sticking his hands up in response.

"No arch grow a pair and tell me the what fuck you mean by that"

"I'm just saying it's pretty obvious how you feel about Betty anyone could tell." Archie said chuckling to himself.

"Ok Archie fine you win I like her but shes too goddamn perfect and pure to be with messed up loner from the wrong side of the tracks so what's the point, I can keep my emotions bottle up for longer I mean it's not like I haven't done it for the past 12 years." Jughead replied moving his hands to hit the table with a force unrecognizable.

Jughead rolled his eyes and turned his head to see Betty and Veronica listening to the whole conversation.

He looked at Betty to see her face filled with hope.

He looked down and in two seconds flat he grabbed his serpent jacket and started to walk to the door only to be stopped by Betty.

"Is is it true Juggie?" She asked looking up at him.

"Yeah but just pretend you didn't hear that or whatever because i value our frie...ndship." he said being cut off by Betty placing her lips delicately against his.

"I like you too Juggie I just was waiting for you to make a move for 12 years" she replied with a small laugh.

She then grabbed his hand and brought him outside. She had his and her food already in her hand having grabbed it on the way out.

"Why don't we go eat this on my roof like always?" she asked with hope.

"Yeah I'd like that very much" he replied settling himself on to his motorcycle.

She got on behind him setting the food in his lap and placing her arms around his waist resting on the bag securing it in place.

Once they got to the Cooper's residence they grabbed a latter and made their way up to the roof.

Once settled Betty dished out the food handing Jughead his order of 3 burgers and a to go milkshake along with fries.

Betty then took her fries and milkshake discarding of the bag to her side.

They talked for hours even after they had finished their food.

They only stopped when they heard Mrs Cooper from below.

"Jughead is that you up there with my daughter?" She asked laughing.

"Hi Mrs Cooper." He said waving embarrassedly.

"Jughead I thought I told you that you call me Alice" she replied smiling up at her flustered daughter.

"Sorry M- Alice" he replied chuckling.

"Jughead are you staying the night I'm sure my darling Betty over here would love that." She asked with an all knowing smirk.

"Sure, I can if you want me to Betts" he said looking at his new girlfriend.

"Of course I do Juggie what kind of a question is that?" She replied as she made her way down the ladder after cleaning up their mess.

"Jughead dear if you want you can go into the guest bedroom get your overnight bag and take a shower." Mrs cooper said once the two  were on the ground.

"Thank you" he replied following her inside.

Once Jughead had finished his shower he made his way to Betty's room after being given permission by Mrs Cooper of course.

"Hey Betts I'm coming in ok?" He asked opening thw door slightly to show his presence.

"Yup come on in Juggie" he heard from the other side of the door.

He made is way in after closing the door behind him and jumped onto the bed where Betty was already in and situated.

He got comfortable and opened his arms for Betty to cuddle into. A normal routine for the two even before they started dating.

"Goodnight Juggie." Betty said yawning.

"Goodnight my love" he replied. Both of them drifting off into the most comfortable sleep they have ever had.