twenty seven

L I S A

Seoul looks extra beautiful at night. I love how the colors of the city lights play in contrast with the darkness of the night; the cold breeze making everything a little more dramatic. This is why I love this spot. Besides the overlooking view of the city,  this cliff is surrounded with fresh grass and flowers. I mean, who wouldn't want that? Away from all the city hustle. Just pure nature and an opportunity for a peace of mind. I always come here whenever I needed some time alone, especially when I'm a bit lonely. Everyone gets a little lonely sometimes.

*sighs*

This was perhaps the worst day of my life so far. I'd never have the courage to admit my feelings to Jennie and today, someone just exposed me against my will. So, yes. Worst day.

I'm not really sure how to deal with this. I'm pretty sure Jennie doesn't want to be friends with me anymore and I would totally understand that. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't even want to talk to me or to see my face. This is why I'm scared of confessing. I still believe that friendship is more important than romantic relationships. If I'd lose Jennie just because of my feelings then I'd rather keep on admiring her secretly. A fucking boy just had to ruin everything.

It hurts, you know? So much.

I fell inlove with an amazing person and I kept these feelings from her for years. She didn't know I existed until this year. I finally had the chance to be with her, to be friends with her, be close to her, to still love her even when I knew it could never be reciprocated, and now...

Now, this might be the time I finally need to stop. Maybe it's time to face the fact that I should've sticked with loving her from afar.

I'm overthinking, am I?

Chaeyoung has been calling me the whole afternoon but I wasn't in the mood for anything at all. I feel bad though, I know my bestfriend is just worried.

The sun was starting to set when I got a text from someone I least expected to actually get one from. Jennie. My hands were shaking, I didn't know what to say to her. She seems... unfazed? She even wanted to talk. I don't even want to assume that this talk would go well. I can't be a coward now, what's the point? The least I can do is tell Jennie everything with all my sincerity. If she ends this friendship then at least I got to tell my feelings personally.

Chaeyoung knows my secret spot so I told Jennie to ask her. Fuck am I sure about this? I may be having a little panic attack right now. Shit.

J E N N I E

The moment I got the address from Chaeyoung, I sprang out of the dorm to go meet Lisa. The thought of her being alone scares me. Chaeng figured that maybe Lisa only wanted to talk to me so she let me go to her alone. The place, which I've never heard of, was just a 30-minute drive so I'll be there in no time.

After half an hour, I arrived at the park. However, the spot was like out of the park's trail— some sort of an off-limit zone that is. I was following a thin trail of land in between trees and grasses as Chaeyoung told me to. I was almost at the end when I finally started to see Lisa, sitting with her back away from me. I didn't want to startle her especially at this time of the night.

L I S A

"L-Lisa?" I heard a faint whisper from Jennie and I literally froze. I think she noticed so I felt her cautiously walking closer towards me.

"Uhm, is this seat taken?" Jennie said and I can't help but let out a slight chuckle.

I then looked up at Jennie and shook my head saying,  "Nah, you can sit beside me."