twenty three

J I S O O
Tonight seems to be the most exhausted I have ever felt. All the fatigue from the days of worries for Lisa the past two weeks are finally starting to dawn on my body. I'm glad this will come to an end tomorrow. Can't wait to be with that crackhead again. This had been a rough time for us. It pained us to see Lisa the way she was for two weeks. I also had to be beside Chaeyoung most of the time. She really loves her bestfriend and she'd never miss an hour without wondering if Lisa was feeling okay and better. I'm pretty sure she wasn't even focused in most of our classes. She'd also call me at the middle of the night just to keep her distracted from all her worries.

Speaking of Chae, she's calling.

"Hey, Chae. Everything good?", I immediately said when I picked up the phone.

"Hi, Jisoo. Uhm... yeah? Uhm, I don't know. Can I please sleep over tonight?", she said with a very soft voice.

Jennie's with Lisa tonight so I guess I can keep Chae company.

"Yes, of course! Come over." I said.

She didn't respond anymore and ended the call. A few minutes later I heard soft knocks and I opened the door to a slightly gloomy Chae. I frowned a little and gave her a hug.

"Aishh, jisoo stop being cute." she blushed.

"Sorry, you looked sad." I said after releasing her.

"Why would I be? Lisa will already be discharged tomorrow you dumb dumb." she said while booping my nose.

I blushed and just let her in before closing the door behind.

"I'm just tired Jisoo. Sorry if i looked sad." Chae said as she flopped down on my bed. I was expecting her to sit at Jennie's bed. I gulped when Chae stretched her arms, exposing her perfectly tone abs. Oh fuck what am i thinking at this ungodly hour. I felt like I stood frozen beside the door for a few minutes before heading to Jennie's bed.

I softly sighed and heard Chae said, "Yah, what are you doing there?"

I was taken aback. Shook, perhaps. I gulped again. A big gulp this time. I wish she didn't notice.

"Uhh, i'll sleep here? You can just sleep there at my bed." my lame ass said.

Chae smiled and patted the bed, signalling me to sit beside her.

"Don't be silly. Please sleep beside me." I heard her say while I was walking towards her.

I sat beside her, facing her with my legs crossed. I don't know what got into me but I just wanted to admire her face. She did the same thing and now we're facing each other.

"Thanks for being there for me Jisoo. I would've never survived the past days without Lisa if it wasn't for you." Chae said while looking down.

"Aish, it's okay Chae. I'll always be here for you." I said.

"And, don't hide your face. You're beautiful, you know?" I continued, pushing Chae's chin up to show her face.

I didn't realize how close we were at each other. My hand went to caress her cheek and I felt something, Chae wasn't saying anything but I felt her eyes. Her eyes were staring straight into my eyes. She softly bit her lip and slowly looked at mine. I didn't know what was happening but I just found myself slowing leaning in and I saw Chae do the same. In a heartbeat, i felt soft lips pressed onto mine. I swear, it felt dreamlike. It was just one short kiss but it felt like a million for making my heart beat so loud.

Our lips parted and I opened my eyes to a smiling Chae, her face still close to mine.

"I really like you, Jisoo." she confessed.

I was dumbfounded.

"I-i-i..... Aishhhh." I stuttered and closed my eyes in frustration.

Chae frowned and said, "It's okay, Jisoo. I don't expec——"

"I like you too!" I kinda blurted out excitedly and cutting her off.

"I like you too, Chae. I really like you." I said calmly this time while acting a little shy, scratching my nape.

A few seconds later I felt two strong arms hugging my soul out of me.

"Chaeyoung-ahh!! I can't breathe!" I shouted.

She was just laughing and gave me kisses on my cheek.

I have never blushed so hard in my life.

"You're cute. Let's sleep, Jisoo. Tomorrow's a big day!" Chae said.

"Okay then. Goodnight chipmunk." I said to her while staring at the ceiling. Chae just hummed and hugged me from the side and I faced away from her so she can hug me from behind and be the big spoon. She pulled me closer and I loved how the warmth felt. Slowly, i drifted off to sleep. A good night indeed.

A/N: Okay, yes I know. I'm sorry it took me so long. Please forgive me. :( Sorry if this wasn't a good comeback lol. I'm back for real! Give me another chance. :(( Thank you so much for everyone who read this while I was gone. :( I can't believe this reached 22k reads now. It means a lot to me. I love you guys. I won't let you down anymore. Will update again very soon. ;) LOVE LOTS! 🖤💖