nineteen

L I S A

It was an ordinary day in school. I was walking down the hall, some girls looking at me then giggling with their friends, some boys playing around like kids.

"Lalisa!" Jennie shouted making me turn around. She was running towards me.

"Oh my god, can I be her?"
"Wow, Jennie's lucky."
"What the hell, are they together??

I heard some of the girls around murmuring. This was actually the first time we were seen with just the two of us together. I had to keep my character but failed when Jennie stopped in front of me with her gummy smile.

"Hey Jennie. You look extra happy?" I softly smiled. She didn't answer me, instead, she clung onto my arm and we walked together. Wow, she's clingy. I like it, of course. I was enjoying her warmth when she was suddenly pulled away from me.

"What the hell?" I said and turned around to see Jennie being held tight by her ex-boyfriend. I knew Jennie was hurting because she was trying to twist her arm just for him to let go.

"Why the hell are you ignoring me?! You really think I'd let you slip away like that?! You made me look like an idiot!" Taehyung snarled at Jennie. Okay this has to stop.

"Let go of her." I shouted just enough for him to hear me. Students were starting to gather round.

"What did you say?" He looked at me with furrowed brows.

"I said—— let her go." I emphasized each word for him to understand. Is he dumb or something? He let go of Jennie and made his way to me.

"Why Manoban?" Oh, he knows me.

"What will you do, huh? You think i'm scared of you?" He added, feeling all cocky.

"Don't you ever touch her again. I swear everyone will know how big of a pussy you are for trying to hurt her." I dared him. A few seconds later my back was slammed to the locker, Taehyung getting a grip of my collar.

"Taehyung fucking stop!" I heard Jennie cry.

"You'll regret this Manoban." He spatted at me and stormed out of the hall. People around were still watching.

"Show's over everyone." I shouted. I was just about to approach Jennie when I felt two small arms hug me. Jennie was still crying. I hugged her back and comforted her.

"Hey, hey, shhh. It's okay. He won't get near you anymore okay?" I whispered to her. She looked up to me and said in between sobs, "I'm so sorry Lisa, he's such an ass. Are you okay?"

I smiled at her and assured her I'm fine. Her arm was bruised so I took her to the clinic for some ice packs. Taehyung is really an ass. I can't believe he even had the chance to call Jennie her girlfriend. No one deserves such kind of a person, especially Jennie. She deserves someone who would treat her as if she's the most precious person in this world. Even I am not confident enough to say that she deserves me but I'd do everything to get a chance to love Jennie with all my heart.

The day went by fast and I made sure Jennie doesn't walk alone back to her dorm. I was just on time when I reached her locker. I hid behind her locker door and waited for her to close it. I was just there wearing a big smile while looking at her and when she saw me, we bursted into laughter.

"Let me walk you to your dorm." I said to Jennie while holding out my arm like a gentleman.

"You're such a goof." Jennie laughed at me before taking my arm. I can listen to her laughs for hours you know.

J E N N I E

I can say Lisa was my knight in shining armor today. If she wasn't there, I'm pretty sure things wouldn't have ended well with Taehyung earlier. I'm glad I broke up with him. Can you imagine what he can do with me when we got into fights if we we're still together?

I think Lisa's still worried about me that she walked with me to the dorm. She's such a sweetheart. She's that friend anyone would love to have in their lives.

Friend.

I have to think that way, right? I can't fall harder for this dummy. I know she saved me today but she was just being a protective friend and I'm still grateful for that.

"Uhm, thanks again for what you did earlier Lisa. I really appreciate it. You didn't have to do that, you know?" I said to her while looking down.

"What? That's non-sense. I'll always be here for you, Jen. Keep that in mind." she said.

I just smiled at her and gave her a hug.

"Jendeukie!" We heard Jisoo shout. She was approaching us.

Lisa slowly let go of me looking confused.

"Jendeukie?" She asked. I had to cover my face, this is embarrassing. Jisoo is so in trouble.

"Aishhh! She always likes to hug and cling for dear life that's why I call her that." Jisoo explained with a proud smile. This idiot.

"Okay that's enough." I said while shoving Jisoo inside the dorm.

"See you tomorrow, Jennie. Have a good sleep." Lisa said while walking away backwards.

"You too." I said to her while leaning my back against the door.

I went inside just to hear Jisoo ask,

"You really like her, don't you?"

I looked her in the eyes and paused for awhile.

"I'm afraid so." I sighed.

"What's wrong with it?" she questioned.

"She loves someone else Jichu." I plopped down on my bed.

"Oh, did you ask her who it is?" Hmm, why didn't I? I looked at Jisoo and she just shrugged.

"I guess I'll ask her then." Nothing bad with wanting to know who I'm up to, right? Ugh, I know it's bad to keep my hopes up. I'm still hoping someday Lisa would also see the things she loved about that girl in me as well. Ugh. I need to rest from all these thoughts. I gave one heavy breath out before closing my eyes to sleep. I'd still definitely dream of her though.

————————————————————
A/N: Happy 3k reads. 😭 This is currently ranked #4 in the jenlisa tag and I am dearly overwhelmed. 😩 Thanks to everyone who has been reading this from the start! I appreciate your votes and comments very much. It helps me improve. Love lots. 🖤💖