sixteen

L I S A
Can someone help me hide my extra red cheeks right now? If going out wearing only a towel is embarrassing enough, what more if—

"Jennie?" I whispered while peeking through the bathroom door. She hummed acknowledging me.

"Uhm, I forgot again.. uhh, I—i don't have underwear to change into." I almost whispered. Jennie's mouth formed into an "O" and she ran to her closet again fetching some underwear then handing to me shyly.

"They're new." she said not looking at me. What a cutie.

"Uhm, thanks Jennie." I said before closing the door.

I finished freshening up and went back to Jisoo's bed. Jennie was lying on her stomach while reading a book. She was wearing a silver specs and I gotta admit that it looks perfect on her. Well, she's already perfect for me so this has got to be beyond perfect.

"Lisa?" I heard Jennie say.

"You're staring." She said again without removing her eyes from the book. How the hell?

"Oh. Yah, i'm sorry. Just checking if there are still any hints of sickness on you." Sigh, me and my lame reasons.

"I have to take care of you remember?" I added.

"Yahh Lalisa don't worry, I'm good now!" She said while giving me a quick glance and smile before going back to what she was reading. How the hell will Jennie like me? I'm such a bore.

"Uhm, Lisa? Just a random question."

"Shoot me." I said.

Jennie hesitated but then asked, "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Of course. The first time I saw you? I already thought of marrying you. Clichè as it may sound but you made everything around me move in slow motion. Your smile made me feel different sort of good things in my heart. So, yes, Jennie Kim. I do believe in love at first sight.

But then I'm not yet ready to confess that right?

"Yeah, I think it's possible. You can't help it if you get to feel thousands of butterflies the first time you see someone." I answered.

"I see." Jennie smiled and sat on the edge of of her bed then asked another question that caught me off guard.

"Do you love someone right now?" she asked me, tucking her hair behind her right ear.

Oh shit, what do I say now? Jennie's too special for me, I can't risk anything right now.

"Uhh, ye—yes. Actually I've been loving her ever since I laid my eyes on her. It's been years." I sighed, not meeting Jennie's eyes but I swear I saw her frown a bit.

"Oh, I—i guess she's lucky then. I mean, she really is lucky." Jennie said.

"Thanks. I just hope she knows." I whispered, still causing Jennie to look at me a little confused.

"Just tell her." Jennie said while giving a half-hearted smile and went back to reading.

I stared at the ceiling, "Someday." I whispered to myself.

"Goodnight Lisa. Thank you for taking care of me today." Jennie said while I was drifting off to sleep.

"Anytime, Jen. Good night."

————————————————————

Sorry, I've been having..... stuff. 😭 Just needed to gain motivation again. Thank you for the 2K reads btw, means a lot to me. 😭 Love lots.