Chapter 28

Together.

~Your POV~
My hand was seriously starting to hurt now. I couldn't stop the fear rising in my chest. Maybe... Maybe this job wasn't such a good idea-

"Natsu, really, where are you taking me?"

He stopped in his tracks, turned around, and straight up glared at me.

"Nat-"

"Don't you trust me, baby?" He steps closer and tilts my head up to make my eyes meet his. The ferocity in them sends shivers down my spine.

"I-I do, but-"

"No buts, N/N. I'm doing this for you, " he smiles the smile I love, but filled with a creepy vibe.

"All for you, Y/N. Only for you." He chuckles and pulls me closer, into a hug.

"Time to go."

•••

I open my eyes. Weird, I don't remember going to sleep...?

I take a look around me and groan. My neck hurts.

I'm in a cave.

"You're awake." The familiarity of the voice does not sit well with me.

My head darts to my right. "Natsu?"

Sure enough, the toothy smile and salmon hair are in my face to greet me.

"What are you-"

"We're safe here, darling, and I'll make sure it stays that way," he says.

He crawls closer to me, and lifts me up onto his lap. My back is pressed against his chest, his arms around my waist.

He lays his head on my shoulder and blows warm air onto my neck. I shiver.

"N-Natsu-"

"I love you, Y/N."

I turn my head around, and all I see is a wicked smile before everything goes black again.

"I love you."

•••

I finally come to for the second time, and when I do, it's to a scene that I never wanted to forget.

Natsu is sleeping beside me, his arms flung carelessly to the side as he snored.

He had the most adorable look on his face. One of pure bliss as he dreamt about whatever was running through his crazy brain.

I smiled. He looked so calm and peaceful, so different from before.

I look outside, it's dark now. The moon is still up high, it seemed around midnight maybe.

I took a good look around me - I didn't get to a chance to before. Everything seemed normal, just a normal cave in the side of a mountain.

The fireplace was obviously put out, the food carefully stashed away to hide it from any predatory animals.

I look beside me again. Natsu is still asleep.

Carefully, I get up, my legs sore and numb after not using them for a good while.

I step near the entrance of the cave, and look out into the distance. The houses we saw before were nothing but tiny specks now. I could barely believe how far away we were.

Then again, this is Natsu we're talking about.

I fish through the bag I brought with me. I planned to pull out the mission paper, and read through everything again and again, trying to see exactly what we were supposed to be doing here-

My eyes widen.

Where's the paper?

I get more frantic the longer I go without the paper in my hands. I hear my heart thrum in my chest, beating so quick I'm surprised I hadn't passed out.

I start to get more and more desperate. The next thing you know, I'm hauling things out of the bag, leaving a mess all over the ground. I overturn the bag.

It's empty.

Still no paper.

I growl, upset. I stand up, my legs wobbling from how long I'd stayed still, and I walk out of the cave, leaving everything behind.

Words: 608

Um... Hi.

So uh, its been like... 3 months... I'M SO SORRY-

I haven't had as much time as I did nowadays, and slowly after Fairy Tail ended i lost a little bit of interest(?). Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and I love Natsu but it isn't quite the same when the show's gone.

I'm definately going to finish this book tho, but updates will be slow. Thank you all so much for your patience, please bear with me and my idiocy and I love you all!

BYE!