Chapter 8

My already broken heart shattered into pieces.

~Your POV~
"Lucy!" I heard Natsu yell as I shut my eyes tight.

'He didn't even call my name...'

The pain I felt on my body was immense, and I couldn't take it. But when I saw Natsu holding Lucy, examining her for wounds and not even glancing in my direction, I felt pain.

Not physical pain, heartache. And it hurt ten times worse.

I saw Erza and Gray run towards me as I felt my eyes closing.

"Natsu..." I murmured before my eyes shut.

~Time skip~
"-/N... Y/N... Y/N!" I heard and opened my eyes, seeing Erza, Gray, and Happy hovering above me.

"Oh Y/N, thank Mavis you're ok!" Happy cheered and flew into my arms.

I smiled and slowly sat up.

"What happened?" I asked Erza and Gray.

Gray looked away and rubbed the back of his neck, he looked sad and disappointed.

Erza sighed.

"Natsu managed to save Lucy but you were severely injured. We got Wendy, who's new to the guild to heal you, but you were in a short coma." She said.

I was shocked, to say the least.

"H-How long was I out?" I asked wearily.

Gray looked back at me.

"Three weeks." He said.

My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed, not giving Erza, Gray, or Happy a chance to speak as I rushed out of the infirmary.

I looked down from the railing and saw Natsu and Lucy chatting away happily, not caring that I was in a coma. They didn't even seem to notice. Natsu reaches into his pocket and pulled out a box. Inside it was a bracelet with charms on it, which were all the zodiac signs.

'So that's what he went to buy when we went shopping.'

I felt tears build up and my knees were weak. I saw Lucy give Natsu a peck on the cheek before getting up and going home. Natsu sat there and smiled, holding his cheek.

My knees gave way and I crumbled to the floor, covering my face as I cried silently, tears rolling off my hands and onto the wooden ground.

"W-Why... Why did it h-have to be h-her...?" I stuttered as I kneeled on the floor.

I slowly got up on shaky legs and walked back into the infirmary. My bangs shadowed my eyes and I fell back onto a bed, face up.

I reached my arm up and covered my eyes, tears still falling from my cheeks.

Erza and Gray decided I needed some privacy and so they left, but Happy wanted to stay.

He stroked my hair softly and tried to calm my crying form.

I gave in and pulled him into my chest, hugging him tight. He was the only piece of Natsu I still had.

Happy snuggled into my arms and there we slept, my best friend and crush's pet in my arms as I cried.

~The next day~
I woke up and looked out the window. It was still dark out.

'Still early.'

I sat up and saw Happy beside me. I felt tears about to slip but I kept them in.

I looked to the door and half-expected to see Natsu walk in, but he didn't.

I sighed and shook my head. What did I expect? He doesn't care about me.

I got up and looked at the pictures hung on the wall. Natsu would always get himself injured and so I would bring him into the infirmary and treat his wounds.

We took so many pictures and gramps decided to hang them up as memories.

I felt tears sting my eyes and I tore each picture off the wall, throwing it on the ground. After all the pictures were off the wall, I tore them to shreds and soaked them in water.

I ran outside, bursting through the empty guild and throwing them in a fire I made. I watched them, the pictures and memories, burn down to ashes.

My tears fell onto the flame, making it shake and grow slightly bigger before simmering down.

I suddenly felt all my energy leaving me and I fell backwards onto the ground.

I looked at the bright morning sky, seeing the sun rise.

I stretched my arm out to the sun. It felt so out of reach, just like how Natsu was.

The stars were so much closer to it. They were starting to fade as the sun brought in its morning light, but they were still there.

I looked at the burned out sticks laying next to me and sat up, grabbing them and throwing them into a lake nearby.

I fell back onto the grass and sighed.

I laid there for who knows how long before I decided to go back into the guild.

I walked in and after everyone checked up on me and showed me how much they cared, I sat down at an empty table. The table Natsu and I used to sit at everyday before we started to fight.

I slumped down into it and looked around.

I saw Natsu and Lucy waltz into the guild, Lucy complaining about how he shouldn't break into people's homes and read their private stuff. Natsu just shrugged and smirked.

Flashback
"You're going to explain to me why my diary is unlocked and where the key is!" I yelled.

Natsu simply shrugged and smirked.

"I snuck into your house and read your diary, simple." He said.

"That's an invasion of privacy!" I complained.
Flashback end

A tear fell.

I thought back to all the things Natsu and I had been through, the things I tried so hard to hold on to.

But it all proved to be in vain as I quickly gave up and let the memories go. I knew there wasn't anything I could do to win Natsu over, Lucy had lost the battle but won the war. The war she didn't even know she was in.

I got up and left the guild, but not before I heard five words.

Five words that shattered my already broken heart into thousands of pieces, making it completely impossible to fix.

The one person I grew up with, the one person I thought I hated, the one person I realised I loved with all my heart, the one person I would die for. That same person said those words.

"Lucy and I are dating!"

Natsu Dragneel.
___________________________
Words: 1030

Me: *sighs happily* I just love breaking the hearts of innocent fangirls.

BYE!!!