Chapter 9

I tried so hard to hold on, to forget, and to try to fix myself...

~Your POV~
Two years.

Two years I've prevented myself from running out the guild and never coming back.

Two years I've smiled, no matter how painful it was.

And I was on the last strand of my patience.

I stared at them as they flirted and pecked each other, trying to resist the urge to gag.

I sighed in disappointment and shook my head. I looked up at Erza, Gray and Happy.

Erza was staring at them with a blank look on her face — as if she didn't have a single comment to make on their 'disgusting' behaviour, while Gray was looking away, face green like he was actually gonna throw up any minute. Happy looked disappointed and disgusted at the same time.

They all looked back at me and shivered, scared.

Natsu has never, and I mean never been the flirty type, not with anyone. Seeing him like this has got the rest of Team Natsu really creeped out, considering we've known him the longest.

The rest of the guild is freaked too, but not nearly as much as us, trust me on this one.

I pointed at Natsu and Lucy as I said, "Should we go get them? I need some adventure in my life." I groaned.

Ever since they started dating, Team Natsu's been going on less and less jobs and adventures.

Gray nodded in agreement.

"I need rent money. My place ain't gonna pay for itself."

Erza also agreed. "We need to get up and start moving, sitting here is just making us lazier."

"I need money for fish!" Happy whined.

Natsu even stopped going on jobs for food money. He just goes on some with Lucy so she can afford the food and he can eat it. He also moved into her apartment. Happy lives with me now. He refused to live with the two love-birds and hear them making out 24/7.

We all looked at each other and nodded.

First, we tried sending Happy.

"Natsu, we need to start going on jobs again." Rejected.

We sent Gray next.

"Oi flame-brain, when are you gonna bring the team on more jobs, huh? Stop being so focused on your girlfriend, would ya?" Rejected once again.

Then, we sent Erza. We thought it would work, but it didn't.

It really didn't.

So the last resort? Me.

"Natsu Dragneel." I said his full name. He learnt while growing up with me that if I ever said his full name, he was in some major trouble. Though Natsu and I were even in magic power and physical strength, he knew full well that I could beat him to a bloody pulp if I tried.

He looked up at me in fear.

"H-Hey, Y/N! H-How's it going?" He stuttered.

I glared at him.

"Job. Now." Those two words were all it took to send him flying to the request board.

Lucy waved at me and sweatdropped, walking over to the team table, as we liked to call it.

Natsu soon walked over and put the job on the table.

"Beat up a group of bandits for 700,000J. Everyone in?" He asked.

Everyone nodded.

He grinned his signature grin.

"Alright then, everyone go home and pack. We'll meet back here in thirty." He commanded and everyone left to pack their stuff.

But Lucy didn't leave when everyone else did, she just had to give Natsu a peck on the lips first.

It made me roll my eyes and fake gag as I saw the whole thing. Too bad neither Happy nor Gray saw it, I kinda wanted to see their reactions.

Heh, weaklings.

~Time skip~
"Natsu, I have to deal with motion sickness too! So if you don't get on the train, so help me I'll-" I tried to threaten him, but he wouldn't budge. He crossed his arms and stood there like a brat.

I got cut off when Lucy tapped me on the shoulder. "Let me try." She offered.

I simply looked at her, stepped to the side and 'presented' Natsu to her.

She stepped forward and grabbed his hand.

"C'mon Natsu, don't be like that. Just get on the train. I'll help you." And with that she dragged him onto the train, earning no complaints from him.

I stood there, mouth agape as I tried to comprehend what in the blazes just happened.

I trudged onto the train and sat down opposite of Natsu and Lucy.

I leaned my head on my palm and looked out the window, suppressing a deep sigh.

Natsu had his head on Lucy's shoulder and she was combing his hair with her hand.

'That used to be our thing... No one could help his motion sickness using that method apart from me... Guess that time's passed.'

I didn't notice a tear fall, but Happy did.

"Y/N, are you alright? You're crying." I heard a small squeaky voice say.

I looked up and saw everyone but Natsu — who was now asleep — staring at me.

I smiled and wiped the tear away.

"No no, it's a happy tear. Just reminiscing about the old days." I said and tried to hold that smile together, praying to Mavis that it wouldn't falter at the wrong time.

They all seemed to buy my lame excuse and shrugged, going back to doing whatever they were doing before.

Flashback
"Y/N, what are you doing?"

I smiled and looked at everyone.

"Sometimes when Natsu and I leave to look for Igneel and Mizu, we would take the train to go farther and cover more ground. The first time we did it, he got extremely motion sick, so he laid his head on my shoulder and I brushed my hand through his hair. It seemed to help, so we did it ever since."
Flashback end

I stared out the window and felt myself drifting off.

My eyes were beginning to close as I looked over at the man who stole my heart, and didn't return it.

'Natsu Dragneel, what have you done to me?'

That was the last thought I had before sleep consumed me, and brought me off to a seemingly pleasant sleep.

But not quite, considering my heart was still broken, and I was really starting to consider running away.

'Maybe I should do just that.'
___________________________
Words: 1060

Me: Next chapter's gonna be SPICY! Get ready for it!

Natsu: Awesome! I love spicy things!

Y/N: ...Natsu...

Natsu: Yeah?

Y/N: ... You're a complete imbecile.

Natsu: Aww thanks- wait, hey!

Me: *sweatdrops* Someone remind me why I'm friends white these idiots...

Y/N & Natsu: I HEARD THAT!

BYE!!!