Chapter 6

But I didn't expect it to be so soon.

~Your POV~
We slowly got off the train, me dragging behind a somewhat sick Natsu while trying to hold onto my own consciousness.

Finally, Natsu sprang back up and helped me to walk. We followed the group to the client's home to find out more about the job.

Erza knocked on the door as everyone was just chilling around behind her. Natsu and Gray were fighting, Lucy was drooling over Natsu, Happy was eating a fish, and I was just staring at the scene, wondering, 'Why am I friends with these imbeciles again?'

The door opened, and everyone snapped out of it and put on their best behaviour.

"Ah, the Fairy Tail wizards, I presume. Come in, come in." A somewhat old man said, smiling and gesturing for us to enter his cottage.

I walked in and was in awe. I didn't know about anyone else, but this was my ideal home.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Uh Y/N, are you ok? You keep staring at the creepy face in the corner." Lucy said.

I glanced at her.

"Huh? What are you talking about? All I see are vines and wood." I said.

"I see a nice little wooden cottage too. It's covered in vines and is really pretty." Natsu said.

"Smells nice too." Natsu and I said at the same time. He smiled at me and I simply blushed and looked away, a small smile on my face.

"I see an igloo." Gray muttered.

"I see a small mansion." Erza pointed out.

"I see fish..." Happy drooled.

We all looked at the old man.

"This home is special, I put a spell on it. It takes the image of a person's dream home and makes it look like it to that person." The man said.

"Woah." Natsu said in awe.

"So that means a cottage is Natsu and I's dream home, Lucy's is a vintage home, Erza's is a mansion, Gray's is an igloo, and Happy's... is a fish house?" I said.

Happy nodded excitedly. Everyone visibly cringed and Natsu simply shrugged, obviously used to his partner's obsession with fish.

The man smiled and we all sat down on his couch.

"You know, not many people have the same dream house. Or at least, they don't know what their true dream house is until they come here. It's actually very rare. Some people suspect that people with the same dream house are soulmates!" The man said excitedly.

I blushed a light shade of pink and shook my head rapidly.

"No sir, you got it all wrong. I don't like Natsu at all, he's just my childhood friend. In fact, I know someone who has a crush on him, and I'm a hundred percent sure they're bound to be together." I tried to reason.

Lucy seemed to brighten with this statement. Of course she would, I directed it at her.

Natsu laughed.

"Whoever it is, as long as it's your friend Y/N, they must be great." Natsu smiled at me.

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly and I smiled back.

Erza coughed to bring us back from our own universe and I snapped out of it and got serious.

"Alright, so we know there's a monster attacking this town, but do you think you can provide a bit more information?" I asked the man, Erza smiling as she saw how I was taking charge quickly.

The man nodded.

"The monster mostly comes out at night, and it doesn't really attack us, it just destroys our homes, leading to us having to rebuild. But it only appears on Wednesdays for some weird reason." The man said.

"Well it's already Tuesday, so do you mind if we stay the night?" I kindly asked the man.

"Of course, anything." The man smiled and led us to two different rooms.

"These are the only two rooms I have left that are empty, I'm sorry." He apologised.

"It's alright, we'll split." I said, not wanting the man to feel bad.

He simply smiled at me and left to let us settle in.

Erza looked at us and sent a look that said, 'I'll be splitting rooms and I better not hear a complaint'.

Everyone looked at her and got ready for the absolutely horrible room placement.

"Me and Gray in a room. Y/N, Lucy, Natsu and Happy in the other." Just with those two sentences I knew Erza set us up.

I secretly sent her a death glare as she and Gray walked into the smaller room.

I growled and stomped into the other, the other three following close behind.

Natsu immediately jumped on the bed and laid on it.

Lucy giggled and I smiled.

'What an idiot.' I thought and started to unpack.

"Hey Natsu, can you make room for me?" I heard Lucy ask.

I look over my shoulder to see Natsu moving aside to let Lucy lie down. He turned towards her and wrapped an arm around her waist. She smiled and turned to him, snuggling into his warmth. Happy flew to the foot of the bed and got comfortable.

I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned, the same feeling from over a month ago settle in my stomach.

I got up and sighed.

The bed was full, and the only place left was the small window bed.

I laid down on it and looked out the window and at the setting sun.

Since it was quite dark, you could see the stars twinkling around it. It reminded me of Lucy and Natsu, and how great a couple they would be.

I looked below the sun and saw a still lake, reflecting the beautiful image. It reminded me of how I just sat by and watched.

Watching how hey bonded. Watching how they interacted, how they talked and laughed.

And I just sat there, watching it all happen right before my eyes and break my heart.

I turned around, but I saw an even more painful image.

I simply closed my eyes and turned back to the window, trying to forget what I just saw but it was all in vain.

Of course Natsu would love Lucy, she's perfect. Well, she's much better than me, that's for sure.

I cried myself to sleep that night.
___________________________
Words: 1010

Me: Things are starting to get dramatic. Prepare for a lot of drama in the next few chapters!

BYE!!!