Chapter 12

I moved to a new place, and tried to start over...

~Your POV~
I breathed in the fresh air as I stepped off the train in Shiroke Town. It was just as I remembered, trees everywhere and many multi-coloured flowers sticking out of green bushes that perfectly lined the pathway out the train station.

I had a smile on my face and I decided I would revisit the client Team Natsu had helped a while back. I hadn't left Fairy Tail yet, so I wouldn't be breaking any 'leaving rules' by doing so.

I trudged on, admiring the scenery and thinking back to the happy times. I sighed, now I was alone.

With no best friend, no partner, no nothing.

I knocked on the door of the 'wooden cottage' and stepped back. The old man opened the door and smiled as soon as he saw it was me.

"Y/N, was it? What are you doing back here?" He asked.

I smiled and replied, "I wanted a change of scenery so I decided to come to Shiroke Town for a bit." I lied. He nodded in understanding.

"Oh, I was wondering if I could stay here for a while until I find myself a place to live?" I asked sheepishly. I really didn't wanna ask for a favour from the guy, but I had no choice. It was either this, or sleep on the streets.

"Of course my dear, come in, come in." He welcomed.

"I really can't thank you enough." I thanked. He shook his head.

"It's no big deal. Besides, it's the least I could do after you and your friends helped save my village. We don't have to rebuild now." He smiled.

I smiled back and walked in, letting myself fall onto the cushioned couches.

"Ah, that's nice." I sighed.

The man walked over to where I was sitting and handed me a cup of tea.

"Oh, thanks." I said and took a sip. It was nice and warm, just the way I liked it.

The man grabbed himself a cup and sat down beside me.

"You know, my neighbours are moving out of their house. Maybe you could live there?" He suggested.

'I mean, maybe I could. It would be nice seeing a friendly face every now and then.'

I nodded.

"I'll think about it. But I'm pretty tired, and I think I'm gonna go to bed early. Goodnight." I wished and headed to the guest room, hauling my bags along with me.

I opened the door to the bigger room which the man allowed and smiled sadly as I walked in. This was the room where I realised I loved Natsu.

I unpacked everything I had brought, including a few snacks which I shoved in a drawer.

I looked around and smiled.

'I'm gonna miss everyone, but this is gonna be my new life soon.'

~Natsu's POV~
I pushed trough the bushes, constantly sniffing the air and looking around for any signs of Y/N. I was getting more and more worried the more we looked, considering we haven't found her yet, and it's been almost half an hour.

"I don't know where else she could be. We checked the cliff, her favourite lake, where in the world-" All of a sudden something snapped in my head and I bursted forward, temporarily forgetting about Lucy and Happy as I ran.

"Natsu, hold up!" I heard Happy yell. Lucy was panting in the background.

I started to slow down a little but I still kept a fast pace.

'The clearing in the forest, how could I forget?'

I spotted the familiar big tree and lake beside it and my eyes scanned the area, but I skidded to a stop when I realised Y/N wasn't there.

My eyes widened.

'This can't be happening. She just up and left, without even leaving a note or anything behind. That little-' I clenched my fists.

And even with all that pent up anger, I couldn't stay mad at N/N, no, not a chance. Y/N L/N had been there for me since I met her, there was no way I could stay mad at her.

Even though she left, I smiled.

'She hasn't changed a bit. And if that's true, then she left for a good reason. And I know she's gonna come back, she always does.'

I remembered the day she was kidnapped by Phantom Lord, it was terrifying. My best friend was taken away by a dark guild and was going to be brought back to her abusing father, how could I not be worried?

But yet, she pulled through and showed up with a smile, strong as ever, maybe even stronger than before, just like I knew she would. That's why I didn't go save her, because I had faith that she would be able to save herself. She's a strong wizard, there's no doubt about that.

I sighed and looked down, my fists unclenching as I brushed all my negative thoughts away.

I smiled and held my head up high, walking back to the guild as I heard Lucy and Happy protest loudly. They kept demanding we search other places and questioned why I gave up so quickly. They said I didn't care about Y/N. I ignored them. I ignored all the negative thoughts about everyone and everything. All the negative comments I just brushed aside.

After all, Y/N would do the same. And I had to hold strong for her.

I made it back to the guild and kicked open the doors, yelling my signature phrase of 'I'm back!' and made my way to the bar. This earned me many confused glances from everyone. They shot me even more confused glances when Lucy and Happy barged in.

I looked around at everyone. "What?" I asked.

Everyone stared at me wide eyed. "Aren't you concerned about Y/N?" A voice piped up.

I grinned. "I wasn't worried when she got kidnapped, so why would I be worried now when she clearly left on purpose."
___________________________
Words: 1020

Me: Woah, Natsu, you're amazing...

Y/N: And this is why I said 'I do'.

Natsu: *grins*

BYE!!!