Chapter 22

And yet...

~Your POV~
'I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.'

At the moment, I was watching a very unhappy Laxus getting dragged into the basement. Too bad bud, it's your turn.

It wasn't even the next day yet, and you could already tell who was gonna be aggravated. They showed a few early signs.

Turns out Laxus was next. I shivered slightly.

This was starting to get a little scary here. This test was serious.

Luckily, it was safe enough for Gajeel to be let out, and Levy tackle-hugged him the second she saw him. He, as the loving boyfriend he is, hugged back.

I heard the loud sound of metal locking closed, and I assumed it was Laxus getting locked up and pounding restlessly on the gates, begging to be let out.

You see, the Test for Dragon Humanity was something like Mating Season.

However, instead of being focused on mating, it was focused on a dragon slayers' senses. Their senses were enhanced, making them more dragon-like than human.

Because of this, their dragon urges were also tempted.

Meaning they would also actively try to seek out their mates. Gajeel already had Levy, so he was fine. Laxus on the other hand hadn't actually claimed his mate yet, so he was extra reluctant to be caged.

When the basement door was just about closed, I heard him mumble a name, obviously the name of his mate.

I could barely contain my laughter. It kinda sounded like a pleading cry.

'Blackmail...' I chuckled in my head. I was gonna have fun holding that over his head for a while.

I walked over to the huddled dragon slayer group in the corner of the guild, where Wendy was helping to nurse Gajeel, who had a headache.

I say down beside Natsu.

"Hey guys." I said and quickly shot a gaze in Laxus' direction. They all gave me knowing looks.

"I'm getting kinda worried here. I wonder who's next, it could be any one of us." Natsu grunted. Wendy nodded in agreement.

"Tch, lemme' tell you, you're not gonna like it one bit. It all seems like a blur, the only thing you really notice is when you send out attacks." Gajeel muttered. I froze.

"...Attacks?" I asked. He nodded.

"I kept bashing at the gates with my iron dragon club over and over. I got really aggravated for no reason." He said and shook his head with a sigh.

"It's pretty painful, it's like you lose control of yourself." Gajeel groaned. "It sucks."

I laughed despite the fear rising in me.

"Luckily Wendy still gets to wait for a while." She sighed in relief.

"I've got five more years to wait before it starts affecting me." She laughed nervously. She was obviously already worried for the next five years.

I looked over at Natsu.

"You've been awfully quiet, is something wrong?" I asked. He shook his head, still not speaking.

I narrowed my eyes and he sighed.

"I'm just tired, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, babe." He told me. I blushed beet red.

'When did we agree that that was okay?!'

I nodded shakily.

"Y-Yup, okay. If you s-say so..." I stumbled.

He laughed and gave me a side-hug. He pecked me on the forehead lightly and stood up.

"Let's head home, 'kay?" He stretched out his hand.

I took it and off we went back home.

One the way home, Natsu was still unusually silent. His brows were furrowed in deep thought, making me worried.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" I asked sternly as I stopped walking. He stopped and turned to me, his signature grin on his face.

"Nothings wrong, N/N. I'm fine, just thinking." He said.

"About what?"

"About me, you, and this stupid phase." He grumbled, looking away.

I frowned. We stopped walking and I held his face in my hand.

"Hey, it'll be fine. It's just for a day, we're not gonna die." I comforted. He sighed.

"It's just... I'm getting a bad feeling. You know that we're gonna lose control of our powers if we're not locked up, I don't know what gonna happen to us." He cupped my hand and snuggled into it.

I chuckled, reaching up with my other hand to ruffle his hair.

"Silly. We'll be fine, stop thinking about it." I said. He grunted.

"Hey, how about dinner? My treat." I tried to brighten up the mood. Obviously it worked, he perked up and dragged me away to a restaurant, babbling away about all the different kinds of food there was.

I giggled.

'Some things never change.'

We sat down at a table for two, enjoying the enormous meal we had ordered.

The waiters and waitresses sent us questioning looks, to which we replied to by shoving a chicken drumstick down our throat and spitting the bone back out.

They stayed away after Natsu decided to do three at once.

We paid the bill and left, bellies full to the brim with different kinds of food.

Natsu linked my hand with his, and I clutched it tightly.

I looked up at him. I saw him still looking ahead, a small smile on his face and his onyx eyes shining with happiness.

'Mavis, I love this man.'

I leaned my head on his shoulder, letting out a satisfactory sigh. He smiled, looking down at me, yet didn't say a word.

He pecked me on the forehead and pulled me closer. I snuggled into his natural warmth as the cold night air blew against me.

I started to feel a little sleepy, so I looked up at my loving boyfriend and smiled weakly.

He understood and scanned the area. After confirming there was no one around, he picked me up in his big strong arms and carried me all the way back home.

I cuddled into his chest and smiled. I could feel him gently placing me on my bed, before my eyes shut and I fell asleep.

'I really, really love this man.'
___________________________
Words: 1010

Me: SO CUTE!!

Y/N: *blushes* Shut up...

Natsu: *shrugs* *pulls Y/N closer* I love you.

Y/N: *pecks him on the lips* Love you too.

BYE!!!

It's been a wHoLe MoNtH I'm so sorry!! 😭 I'm so busy all the time cuz school 😂