Chapter 16

So he moved to my place to get away from it all, just like I did.

~Your POV~
"How're you doing?" I asked the sulking Natsu. He was obviously bummed out about his girlfriend breaking up with him. No answer.

I sighed.

"Natsu, you know that whatever is going on, you can tell me. I'm here to listen, and I'm not going anywhere." I whispered, hoping he heard me.

He looks up at me and we make eye contact. I felt a twinge in my chest when I saw the sadness in his eyes. I gently pat him on the back and smiled at him. He smiled back weakly.

Wordlessly, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I could feel his eyes trail me, but I let him be. I grabbed my towel and clothes before jumping into the bathroom, hoping that Natsu would be back to normal when I came out.

I stripped out of my clothes and got into the bathtub, running the soap and water over my body as I sank in and relaxed, trying to clear my head of everything.

After about 45 minutes of soaking 'till my hands turned pruny, I got out of the bathtub and gave myself a quick rinse, drying myself off and putting my pyjamas on.

I stepped out of the bathroom, my hair still in a tight bun as I scanned the vicinity. Natsu and Happy were no where to be seen.

I made my way to the guest room and saw them sprawled out across the hammock, making me chuckle. I gently tucked them in and shut off all the lights, before returning to my room and falling into a deep slumber.

~Time skip~
I woke up to something wrapped around my waist and the sun shining in my eyes. I groaned and rubbed them, trying to sit up.

Key word, trying.

The thing around my waist held me back and I ended up flopping back down.

I looked over at the source to see Natsu sleeping beside me, his arm wrapped around my waist and a small smile on his face. I giggled and pried his arm off me, getting up to make breakfast. I had to be extra careful to not step on the sleeping Happy at the foot of my bed.

I put breakfast on the table and the two food-lovers came running out, smiles on their faces. I grinned at their silliness and sat down at the table, grabbing my fork and knife, digging into the eggs and bacon I had made. There were a few pancakes in the centre of the table for Natsu and I to take, along with a fish on a small plate for Happy.

Happy eagerly gobbled the fish while Natsu stuffed his mouth over and over. There was a mess, but I expected there to be. Wherever there was a Natsu, there was a mess.

I sighed and shook my head with a small smile on my face.

'I miss the times where we would act like this everyday.'

I looked up at the two idiots who were smiling and laughing, as if they hadn't just stuffed their bellies full of food.

"So Natsu, why did you decide to come here anyway?" I asked.

A deadly silence consumed us. No one spoke, Natsu looked to the ground, and Happy quickly exited the room to give us privacy. He could tell we were going to get serious, and he didn't want to get caught up in any drama.

"Well, for starters, I found out my girlfriend stopped loving me after over a year of us dating and she broke up with me. Second is I have no one to turn to apart from you — as ironic as that is, and I just... I don't know. I just got this feeling that you would understand what I'm going through more than anyone else, you know?" He heaved out.

I blinked rapidly for a few seconds before shaking my head.

'Maybe it's because I used to suffer from unrequited love too.'

"Maybe, but... Actually, do you know why I left in the first place?" I asked.

Natsu's eyes widened and he blinked.

"No... I've been wanting to ask but I never got the chance to bring it up. Was everything ok? You left so suddenly." Natsu said and sighed.

I smiled.

"Just wanted a change of scenery, I would have gone back, see?" I showed him my fairy Tail guild mark, in the same place and colour I had left it as.

Natsu smiled.

"So... uh... have you and Lucy... gone at it yet?" I stuttered.

Natsu shook his head. I wouldn't lie, that one shake made me a really happy wizard.

"It was already mating season, but my instincts didn't draw me to her. It made me want to go after someone else, I couldn't really stop it. So no, Lucy and I didn't... 'do it' yet." Natsu said.

"Then, who were you going after?" I cocked my head to the side and looked at him. His face went red and he averted eye contact.

"Uh, no one." He muttered.

"But you literally just said-"

"No one! I said no one." His face got even redder.

'He freaking cut me off!'

I sighed.

"One hint?" I begged. Natsu shook his head.

I growled softly.

"Two? Please...?" I used my puppy dog eyes.

Natsu accidentally made eye contact with me and he flipped.

"Ugh... fine." He grumbled.

I smiled, clapped and cheered.

"Yay!" I yelled. Natsu's blush darkened but he didn't look at me.

"Well, she has sparkling eyes-"

"Cana? Mira? Oh, for goodness sake, everyone in the guild has sparkling eyes!" I groaned.

He chuckled.

"She has an amazing personality, and that's all I'm willing to tell you." Natsu smirked and stuck his tongue out at me.

I pouted, which made him blush.

"Whatever. I'll figure it out anyway." I growled and stomped to my room in a playful manner.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Natsu roll his eyes and smiled softly.

'What if it was me...? Pfft, nah, it couldn't have been.'
___________________________
Words: 1040

Me: This took a long time... writers block sucks! Finally got it done though, hope you enjoy it!

BYE!!!