Chapter 1

You know the new girl?

~Your POV~
The sound of the guild doors bursting open and the smell of Natsu filled the guild hall.

Along with Natsu's smell, I smelt some other smell. One I wasn't familiar with.

On instinct, I shot up from my chair, scanning the room for any new people.

My eyes fell upon a girl around the same age as me. She had big brown eyes and luscious golden hair.

Her eyes sparkled with joy and amazement. Must be a newcomer that wanted to join ages ago but never got the chance.

I'm good at reading people, if you couldn't tell.

"By the way guys, this is Lucy Heartfilia. Says she wants to join the guild." Natsu introduced.

"Hey!" Lucy waved and smiled.

I narrowed my eyes and looked her up and down.

"I expect you all to treat her nicely, especially you, L/N." He said menacingly, as if that's scaring anyone.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Something about this girl didn't sit well with me.

'Maybe it's because you're afraid Lucy will take Natsu away from you- No that's completely absurd! Why would I ever think that?! Work, you stupid brain!'

As I had my little internal argument, I didn't notice Natsu walk out the guild with Lucy.

I snapped out of my daze at the slamming of the wooden doors.

I took one look around the guild hall and knew exactly what was going on.

Natsu's travel bag was gone. There was a big dent in the request board, Happy wasn't there, and most importantly, Natsu slammed the doors closed.

He was mad. And I mean really mad.

I sighed and took off after him. Only a few people could control Natsu's anger, and surprisingly one of them is me.

Erza could, but she was on a job right now. I needed to make sure Lucy was alright.

~Time skip~
'Mount Hakobe? What are we doing here?' I asked myself.

I saw Natsu and Lucy get out of the carriage and Lucy complaining about the cold.

I sneakily followed them, making sure to stay far enough away that Natsu couldn't smell me.

Then it hit me.

'Didn't Macao take a job to defeat a couple mountain vulcans here? But that was a week ago...'

I cracked my brain, trying to figure out what could have made Natsu blow a fuse like that.

My eyes widened as a name flew through my mind.

'Romeo!'

I dashed forward, not thinking of the consequences as I passed Natsu, Lucy — who was in a talking clock — and Happy.

"What the- Y/N?! What the heck are you doing here?" Natsu asked me with a glare in his eye.

"Look, you wanna save Macao, don't you?" I asked sternly. Now wasn't the time for games or fighting.

Romeo is sad that his dad hasn't returned from a job for a week and Natsu wants to save Macao to make Romeo happy again. It all makes sense.

"How did you-"

"No time to explain. We gotta keep moving. C'mon!" I cut Natsu off and ran forward. I heard his footsteps close behind, so I knew he was following me.

Lucy just kept up with her giant talking grandfather clock.

I sighed and burst forward with new-found energy. I don't even know where this energy came from.

'You're trying to impress Natsu and prove to him that you're better than Lucy- No, no no. Stop it, brain.'

I reached the top of the mountain and went into the small cave awaiting me.

I stared at the icicles that hung from the ceiling and the ones that grew from the icy ground below.

I blew air against my hands and rubbed them together, trying to prevent myself from getting cold. I had a job to do.

The cold air sent a shiver down my spine as I walked forward, trying to listen for any sounds of movement.

I gently sniffed the air, smelling a Vulcan nearby.

It was quiet, and I knew Natsu knew better than to distract me from something important.

"Hey guys-" I heard Lucy say.

I whipped my head around and glared at her, sending her shrinking.

"Shh!" I whisper-yelled as I turned back around to listen.

"That way." I pointed towards a dark part of the cave.

A Vulcan immediately jumped out and flew at me, but I managed to dodge.

And it hit Lucy instead.

"Whoops." I muttered and sprung into action as Lucy struggled against the beast.

"Water dragon roar!" I yelled and a spiral of water came flowing out my mouth and at the vulcan.

It smacked the vulcan right off Lucy, setting her free.

"Thanks Y/N, I owe 'ya one." She thanked.

I grinned and jumped on the vulcan, pinning it down.

"Fire dragon iron fist!" Natsu yelled and gave it a good punch right to the face.

"Water dragon solid fist!" I launched my fist — which was encased in a block of water and solid at the vulcan's gut.

I don't know how, but the vulcan ended up pushing Natsu off the edge.

I 'tsk'ed. "Idiot." I mumbled.

Lucy sprang into action, revealing her magic for the first time.

"Open! Gate of the golden bull! Taurus!" She called out after pulling a golden key with a design on it off her keyring.

"A celestial wizard?" I was astonished. It's one of the most rare wizards out there, maybe even rarer than dragon slayer magic.

"Go get 'em, Taurus!" She said to a giant bull, who I assumed was Taurus.

It 'moo'ed and swung its giant axe down on the vulcan.

Before I knew it, the vulcan was against the wall, practically knocked out. Oh, and Natsu was ok.

"Guys, look!" Happy pointed out.

We looked to where he was pointing and saw the vulcan glowing. It started to take the shape of a man. A very familiar man.

"Macao!" I ran forward and checked his injuries.

"Shoot. The vulcan must'ave took over his body." I whispered.

"Looks like he put up a good fight before he was taken over though." Natsu said.

I nodded.

He was battered and bruised. Thanks goodness Natsu had a first-aid kit in his travel bag, or we might not have been able to save our long time friend.

Lucy and Happy carefully wrapped bandages over the serious wounds while Natsu and I tried to wake Macao up.

"Macao! C'mon, wake up! Romeo's at home waiting for you!" I called.

"Don't you die on us, bastard!" Natsu yelled.

I elbowed him and he released a quiet 'ow' before shutting up.

We heard a groan from below and saw the man opening an eye, us making eye contact for a while.

"Macao! You're ok!"
___________________________
Words: 1130

Me: Here it is, the first chapter of 'Untameable'. Hope you enjoyed!

BYE!!!