Chapter 4

I didn't like that at all.

~Your POV~
The next day, I didn't go to the guild. I needed to sort things out.

I sighed as I ruffled my hair, rubbing my forehead. Thinking so much about something so deep was starting to hurt my brain.

I groaned and slumped down onto my desk. I looked at the picture I had on my desk.

It was in a F/C frame with little flames dotting the corner. I got it as a Christmas gift from Natsu when we were younger.

The picture was of Natsu and I smiling happily. Natsu's arm was around my shoulder and I held Happy in my arms.

Huh. I wonder where those days went.

"Argh, what am I thinking?! I'm supposed to hate Natsu! Why am I acting like this?!" I jolted up and checked for some sort of sickness. What's scary is I didn't find anything.

I jumped up from my chair and ran to my bathroom to cleanse myself of the imaginary gunk on my skin.

"Ew, ew, ew!" I yelled as I ran.

I shoved my hand under the running water in the sink and sighed in contentment.

"That's better..." I muttered to myself.

I dried my hands off and walked out the bathroom, shutting the door gently behind me.

I glanced around my apartment in Fairy Hills.

"This place is a lot lonelier than I remember." I said out loud.

"Maybe you should invite me here more often then." I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around and saw Natsu sitting on my chair, smirking.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I groaned.

"What do you want, Natsu?" I asked.

He looked me in the eyes sternly and said simply, "We need to talk."

~Lucy's POV~
"Dear Diary,

It's only been a month at Fairy Tail and I already love it! I'm so glad Natsu brought me here. Him and Y/N seem pretty close though, I wonder what that's about.

I think I've fallen for the almighty Natsu Dragneel, the Salamander of Fairy Tail. I mean who wouldn't? He's funny, cute, and he's got muscle!

I don't know when I'm gonna tell him, but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon. He's too cool to like someone like me. I'll tell him when I get enough proof that he likes me.

Until then."

I closed my diary shut and quickly put it into my secret drawer.

I expected Natsu to come by like he always did, but there was nothing. My apartment was cold and empty, unlike how it usually was with Natsu and Happy there.

I sighed sadly and trudged to my room to go to bed. It was getting late and I needed my beauty sleep.

I snuggled into my bed covers and smiled, thinking of all the things Natsu and I could do if we did end up together.

I had sweet, sweet dreams that night.

~Natsu's POV~
I stared at her scared face. She looked at me in the eye as I scanned her up and down.

"What are you talking about?" She said with as much confidence as she could, though I could hear her voice quiver.

"Gray said I needed to talk to you, and I wanna know why. Are you alright?" I asked her.

Her eyes softened and I could tell she sighed inwardly 'cause she perked up a second after.

"I'm fine. I don't know what kind of joke Gray's pulling, but I'm good." She took in a small breath, getting ready to keep talking, but she hesitated and looked down.

"I'm perfectly fine, thanks for checking up on me." A small smile appeared on her face.

She looked back up, a big grin on her face.

"Are you hungry? I could cook dinner!" She clapped excitedly and ran into the kitchen.

Y/N made a lot of spicy ramen and gave majority of it to me, knowing how much I eat and enjoy spicy ramen.

"Eat up! You're always hungry so finishing that wouldn't be a problem for you, I'm sure." She chuckled.

"But you eat a lot too!" I whined.

She shook her head. "Not nearly as much as you. Plus I'm tryin' to eat less and lose some weight." She sighed.

I shrugged and accepted her offer of eating everything I could.

At the end, she picked up all the empty bowls that used to contain her delicious cooking and put them in the sink, making a mental note to wash them later.

She was making her way to her bedroom, but I grabbed her shoulder.

"Y/N, I know you're not alright. You're happy, too happy." I narrowed my eyes and looked at her.

She looked down to the floor, refusing to make eye contact as she spoke, "Shouldn't you head over to Lucy's? You always barge into her apartment so what makes today so different?" She asked softly. She was avoiding my question.

"I wanna make sure you're ok." I said sternly.

"And I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." I continued. I didn't stutter, so she could tell I was serious.

A moment of silence. I couldn't tell what went through her head but she clenched her fist.

"I said I'm fine." She looked up at me, holding up a stern expression.

She looked at me in the eye.

"So go." She said, her voice wavering.

I didn't know why at the time, but as I looked into her eyes I saw so many emotions.

I saw hurt, sadness, pain and guilt. Tears started to well up in her E/C orbs and she started to frown. Her lips twitched, trying to fight the negative emotion back.

I knew I couldn't do anything from there. She was in a fragile state and I didn't want to break her. I decided that I would come back tomorrow to try and get something out of her, no matter how big or how small.

I simply nodded and left, not noticing that last emotion that was shown in her eyes. The strongest emotion a person could ever feel. The emotion that, if I had seen, would have saved us this whole mess.

Love.
___________________________
Words: 1010

Me: Things are getting intense!

Natsu: You said it... But I'm kinda scared for what you'll have in store for us when you start the next chapter.

Y/N: Yeah... *shivers* I don't really trust you...

Me: *smiles creepily* *cocks head to the side innocently* Oh, but you should...

Natsu: *quivers* Nope, still don't trust you!

BYE!!!
___________________________
Song:
Crush - David Archuleta